These divine Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls are the epitome of fusion dessert heaven. They could be served for breakfast, brunch, or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as a dessert. They’re gooey and sweet the result when apple pie and cinnamon rolls collide.
Easy Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
These Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls are perfect for holiday brunches, special breakfasts, tea time with your girlfriends or at any other event where sweet breads are being served. It’s guaranteed that they’ll be the first to go. How to make Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Prepare Skillet – Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 12-inch cast iron skillet or similar.
- Dough – On a nonstick surface stretch the pizza dough into a 15×10-inch rectangle. Spread the dough with butter.
- Cinnamon Sugar – Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the butter.
- Pie Filling – Use a sharp knife to cut the apple wedges in the pie filling into smaller pieces. Stir in the apple pie spice. Spread over the crust.
- Roll the Dough – Begin rolling from the widest edge ending seam side down. Use a sharp knife and cut into 12 equal pieces. Arrange in the buttered skillet.
- Transfer to the Oven – Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and puffy.
- Glaze – Mix together the powdered sugar and heavy cream. Add enough cream to make the glaze drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the rolls and serve.
How to Make the BEST Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
I’m a bit passionate about finding new ways to enjoy all-time favorite flavor combinations. This fall, I wanted to come up with a quick and easy seasonal sweet roll using ingredients you can easily find. These delicious fusion cinnamon rolls were the result. They have quickly become a fan favorite. Another popular fusion recipe, my skillet apple pie biscuits turns biscuits into an anytime-of-day treat smothered with apple pie filling. These cinnamon rolls using pizza dough were a natural progression.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make easy Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls: Refrigerated pizza dough, apple pie filling, butter, light brown sugar, ground cinnamon, apple pie spice, powdered sugar and heavy cream to make the glaze.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: 12 inch cast iron skillet or similar size baking dish, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and cutting board, small bowls plus an apple corer and peeler and saucepan if making your own filling.
- Refrigerated pizza dough can be very elastic so be patient when rolling it out into a rectangle.
- If you don’t have apple pie spice, you can use all ground cinnamon.
- Once filled, keep in mind that as you roll the apple filled dough some of the apple pie filling may ooze out. Just tuck the bits and pieces into the spaces between the cinnamon rolls once you’ve cut them and arranged in the skillet. Much too tasty to be left behind.
- If you’d like to make your own apple filling, checkout the Cook’s Note for the how-to.
- The glaze easily doubles, if you’re crew loves extra or serve some on the side so they can add more to their liking.
- You can swap out frozen bread dough for the refrigerated pizza dough, if desired. Follow the instructions for thawing then allow rise time.
- Store Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in the microwave or air fryer.
More Apple Dessert Recipes to Make
- Warm Apple Cobbler with vanilla ice cream.
- Grab-n-go Apple Pie Bars.
- Start the day with Apple Baked Oatmeal.
- Vanilla glazed Apple Fritters.
- Apple Cider Doughnut Cake is a delicious fall dessert.
- Glazed Caramel Apple Turnovers.
- Caramel Apple Nachos from Butter with a Side of Bread.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 13.8 oz can refrigerated classic pizza crust (i.e. Pillsbury)
- 5 Tbsp softened butter divided
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 20 oz can premium apple pie filling (*See Cook’s note)
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Use 1 Tbsp butter to coat the bottom and sides of a 12-inch cast iron skillet or similar. Set aside
- On a nonstick surface stretch the pizza dough into a 15×10-inch rectangle. Spread the dough with 4 Tbsp softened butter.
- Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the butter.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the apple wedges in the pie filling into smaller pieces. Stir in the apple pie spice. Spread over the crust.
- Begin rolling from the widest edge ending seam side down. Use a sharp knife and cut into 12 equal pieces. Arrange in the buttered skillet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and puffy.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and heavy cream. Add enough cream to make the glaze drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the rolls and serve.