These divine Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls are the epitome of fusion dessert heaven. They could be served for breakfast, brunch, or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as a dessert. They're gooey and sweet the result when apple pie and cinnamon rolls collide.
The Beauty of Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
I'm a bit passionate about finding new ways to enjoy all-time favorite flavor combinations. This fall, I wanted to come up with a quick and easy seasonal sweet roll using ingredients you can easily find. These delicious fusion cinnamon rolls were the result. They have quickly become a fan favorite. Another popular fusion recipe, my skillet apple pie biscuits turns biscuits into an anytime-of-day treat smothered with apple pie filling. These cinnamon rolls using pizza dough were a natural progression.
- Refrigerated pizza dough can be very elastic so be patient when rolling it out into a rectangle.
- Once filled, keep in mind that as you roll the apple filled dough some of the apple pie filling may ooze out. Just tuck the bits and pieces into the spaces between the cinnamon rolls once you've cut them and arranged in the skillet. Much too tasty to be left behind.
- If you'd like to make your own apple filling, checkout the Cook's Note for the how-to.
- The glaze easily doubles, if you're crew loves extra.
When to Serve Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
These apple pie cinnamon rolls are perfect for holiday brunches, special breakfasts, tea time with your girlfriends or at any other event where sweet breads are being served. Guaranteed they'll be the first to go. See also Apple Pie Bread, Caramel Apple Pie Cookies and Apple Pie Muffins.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Apple Peeler and Corer
- Powdered Sugar/Cocoa Powder Dusting Wand
- Silicone Pastry Mat
Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 13.8 oz can refrigerated classic pizza crust (i.e. Pillsbury)
- 5 Tbsp softened butter divided
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 20 oz can premium apple pie filling (*See Cook's note)
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Use 1 Tbsp butter to coat the bottom and sides of a 12-inch cast iron skillet or similar. Set aside
- On a non stick surface stretch the pizza dough into a 15 x 10-inch rectangle. Spread the dough with 4 Tbsp softened butter.
- Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the butter.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the apple wedges in the pie filling into smaller pieces. Stir in the apple pie spice. Spread over the crust.
- Begin rolling from the widest edge ending seam side down. Use a sharp knife and cut into 12 equal pieces. Arrange in the buttered skillet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and puffy.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and heavy cream. Add enough cream to make the glaze drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the rolls and serve.