Italian food is always a family pleasing meal and this Baked Alfredo Chicken And Ham Rigatoni With Spinach And Artichokes doesn’t disappoint. Tender cooked pasta mixed with rotisserie chicken and diced ham pairs beautifully with spinach and artichokes. Smothered with alfredo, it makes a winning meal any day of the week.
This Italian inspired alfredo chicken and ham rigatoni casserole, is a one dish meal at our house. Italian themed dishes always seem to get the thumbs up from my boys so, we frequently have pasta. I’m an avid Costco shopper and when I com home from a trip there’s bound to be a rotisserie chicken among my items. Sometimes two. For this pasta casserole, I chose to use an Alfredo sauce that is lighter but not lacking in flavor. The taste is so rich and creamy, my family has no idea I used lighter ingredients to put this pasta dish together. It really hits the spot, with leftovers to boot. That makes me love this Baked Alfredo Chicken And Ham Rigatoni With Spinach And Artichokes even more.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Baked Alfredo Chicken And Ham Rigatoni With Spinach And Artichokes
- 3 cups dry rigatoni
- 1 15 oz jar Light Asiago Romano Alfredo Sauce [ie Classico]
- 2/3 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup basil pesto [ie Classico]
- 1/2 cup light garlic & herbs spreadable cheese [ie Alouette]
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 6.5 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 2 cups chopped roasted chicken
- 6 oz thinly sliced smoked ham
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp light butter melted
- 1/4 tsp oregano or Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray an 8 x 12 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the rigatoni in salted boiling water per the instructions on the box, until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large mixing bowl, mix together, the Alfredo sauce, milk, basil pesto and alouette cheese, onion powder and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- After the pasta is finished cooking, drain well, then add to the sauce.
- Fold in the chopped and drained artichoke hearts, chopped chicken and roughly chopped ham. Next, add the spinach. Mix well.
- Now that the pasta has cooled, add 1 1/2 cups of the shredded Italian cheese blend. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper to your taste.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, shredded Parmesan cheese, melted light butter and seasonings.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the buttered breadcrumbs on top. Sprinkle with the 1/2 cup of remaining Italian shredded cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until the top is crispy and golden.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!