Baked Alfredo Chicken and Ham Rigatoni with Spinach And Artichokes
Lighter Ingredients Can Pack Big Flavor
For this pasta casserole, I chose to use an Alfredo sauce that is lighter in calories, but not lacking in flavor. The taste is so rich and creamy, my family has no idea I used lighter ingredients to put this pasta dish together. It really hits the spot, with leftovers to boot. That makes me love this chicken and pasta smothered in Alfredo even more.
Other Pasta Casseroles to Add to the Menu
Pasta is budget friendly and able to be transformed in many ways with sauces, seasonings and mix-ins. Other pasta casseroles you may like to try:
- Supreme Pizza Pasta Skillet with Italian sausage and pizza toppings mixed in.
- Ham and Noodle Gratin inspired by a dish we had at Epcot in Florida.
- Saucy Baked Penne Pasta can be assembled in advance and baked when you're ready to eat.
- Another pasta dish you may like to try is this Baked Rigatoni Pasta from The Recipe Rebel.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Baked Alfredo Chicken and Ham Rigatoni
- 3 cups dry rigatoni
- 1 15 oz jar Light Asiago Romano Alfredo Sauce or similar [i.e Classico]
- ⅔ cup 1% milk
- ½ cup prepared basil pesto
- ½ cup light garlic and herb spreadable cheese [i.e. Alouette]
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 6.5 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 2 cups chopped roasted chicken
- 6 oz thinly sliced smoked ham
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp light butter melted
- ¼ tsp oregano or Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray an 12 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the rigatoni in salted boiling water per the instructions on the box, until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large mixing bowl, mix together, the Alfredo sauce, milk, basil pesto and alouette cheese, onion powder and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- After the pasta is finished cooking, drain well, then add to the sauce.
- Fold in the chopped and drained artichoke hearts, chopped chicken and roughly chopped ham. Next, add the spinach. Mix well.
- Now that the pasta has cooled, add 1 ½ cups of the shredded Italian cheese blend. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper to your taste.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, shredded Parmesan cheese, melted light butter and seasonings.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the buttered breadcrumbs on top. Sprinkle with the ½ cup of remaining Italian shredded cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until the top is crispy and golden.