This dish takes all of the classic flavors found on a kicked-up supreme pizza and turns it into a Supreme Pizza Pasta Skillet the entire family is bound to love. It can be prepared in advance then assembled in the cast iron skillet just before baking.
Supreme Pizza Pasta Skillet
I love skillet meals like this Supreme Pizza Pasta Skillet. Kids love pizza and pasta and this dish highlights them both. Cooked in cast iron this supreme pizza skillet is loaded with Italian sausage, beef, pepperoni, mushrooms, vegetables, ripe olives all smothered with pizza sauce and plenty of cheese. Baked until gooey and ring the dinner bell.
Helpful Tips for Making Pizza Pasta
- This skillet pasta is much like pizza in that it can be personalized to suit your taste.
- If your family isn't crazy about olives, just leave them out.
- If you aren't fond of bell peppers or mushrooms you can omit or substitute with an ingredient your family enjoys. Supreme is just how we like it, and to us, it's scrumptious just as it is.
- You may also like these fun Pizza Muffins from Bread Booze and Bacon.
Other Skillet Meals to Add to the Menu
On hectic days a stovetop casserole is just what the doctor ordered. A few other recipes to inspire you:
- Cheesy Nacho Beef Rotini Skillet
- Skillet Potato Hash with Zucchini and Smoked Sausages
- Skillet Cowboy Rice Casserole
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Supreme Pizza Pasta Skillet
- 2 cups mezzi rigatoni or similar cooked to al dente [i.e. Barilla]
- 8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- ½ medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 clove garlic minced
- ¾ lb extra lean ground beef
- ¾ lb hot or mild Italian sausage
- 1 4 oz can sliced ripe olives drained
- 4 oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 1 24 jar pizza sauce
- 1 4 oz package pepperoni slices
- 2 teaspoon dry Italian herb seasoning
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the pasta per the package instructions in salted water until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- In a l2-inch cast iron skillet or similar size oven safe skillet cook mushrooms, bell pepper and onion in a few drizzles of olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cook over medium-high for around 3 minutes until softened and beginning to brown. Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- To the skillet add ground beef and Italian sausage. Cook until no pink remains. Drain all excess fat from the pan.
- Add the olives, cream cheese, pizza sauce, pepperoni and Italian herb seasoning. Stir until combined. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta, grated Parmesan and 1 cup of shredded cheese to the sauce. Stir well until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Remove from the heat and sit until the cheese has melted or place under the oven broiler to melt.