I love skillet meals like this Supreme Pizza Pasta Skillet. Kids love pizza and pasta and this dish highlights them both. Cooked in cast iron this supreme pizza skillet is loaded with Italian sausage, beef, pepperoni, mushrooms, vegetables, ripe olives all smothered with pizza sauce and plenty of cheese. Baked until gooey and ring the dinner bell.
This skillet pasta is much like pizza in that it can be personalized to suit your taste. For example, if your family isn’t crazy about olives, just leave them out. If you aren’t fond of peppers or mushrooms you can pass or substitute with an ingredient your family enjoys. Supreme is just how we like it, and to us it’s scrumptious just as it is. I like to serve this pasta dish with steamed vegetables or a salad and hot fresh from the oven garlic bread. It’s skillet deliciousness that makes everyone happy at our dinner table.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Supreme Pizza Pasta Skillet
- 1 [8 oz] mezzi rigatoni or similar cooked to al dente [i.e. Barilla]
- 8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 3/4 lb hot or mild Italian sausage
- 1 [4 oz] can sliced ripe olives drained
- 4 oz onion and chive cream cheese softened
- 1 [24 oz] pizza sauce
- 1 [4 oz] pkg pepperoni slices
- 2 tsp dry Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
- Cook the pasta per the package instructions in salted water until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
In a l2-inch cast iron skillet or similar size oven safe skillet cook the mushrooms, bell pepper and onion in a few drizzles of olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cook over medium-high for around 5 minutes until softened and beginning to brown. Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and Italian sausage. Cook until no pink remains. Drain all excess fat from the pan.
- Add the olives, cream cheese, pizza sauce, pepperoni and Italian herb seasoning. Stir until combined. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta, grated Parmesan and 1 cup of shredded cheese to the sauce. Stir well until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Remove from the heat and sit until the cheese has melted or place under the oven broiler to melt.