Ham And Noodle Gratin - This past Fall we made our annual trek to the Food & Wine Festival at Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida. As we stroll around the World Showcase at Epcot tasting dishes from countries around the world, I often gain inspiration for dishes to share with my family and ultimately with you here on my blog.
Ham And Noodle Gratin
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- 2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- ½ lb smoked ham cubed
- 1  oz onion & chive cream cheese softened
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cup half & half
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz a 9 x 13-inch with cooking spray.
- Cook the egg noodles per the package instructions until al dente. Drain well.
- Mix together the 4 cups of shredded cheese, divide into thirds. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer or in a stand blender, whisk together the softened cream cheese, half & half, grated Parmesan, 3 eggs, garlic powder, salt, pepper, dry mustard and nutmeg.
- To assemble, layer ⅓ of the cooked egg noodles and ham then sprinkle with ⅓ of the shredded cheese. Repeat 2 more times reserving the last ⅓ of shredded cheese.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the noodles and ham then sprinkle with the final layer of shredded cheese.
- Toss the panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese with the melted butter. Sprinkle on top. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden and set.
- Check at 25 minutes and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning, if needed.