Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins Recipe
How to Make the Best Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- Ingredients you'll need: All purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, melted butter, large egg, vanilla, sour cream, mashed banana, mini chocolate chips, light brown sugar and toffee bits.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A medium bowl, a small bowl, a hand mixer, whisk, a small scoop or teaspoon to divide the batter, measuring cups and spoons and a 24 cup mini muffin pan or 3 twelve cup pans.
- How do you make Mini Muffins? First, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt using a whisk. In a separate bowl, whisk together sour cream, butter, egg, mashed banana and vanilla. Add the wet to the dry ingredients mixing with a hand mixer for 1-2 minutes or just until fully moistened. Next, fold in the mini chocolate chips and toffee bits, then separate the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Bake for 15-17 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean.
- I regularly use a whisk to sift together my dry ingredients for baking and I can tell you firsthand that it works like a charm.
- You can use a small scoop or a teaspoon to divide the batter filling the wells around ½ full.
- Mini chocolate chips work best in this recipe as they fill the batter and melt to the perfect consistency while baking.
- You can use plain English toffee bits or chocolate covered Heath bits for this recipe in the same amount.
- You can enjoy these warm, chilled or at room temperature.
- I prefer making these the day they'll be served to maintain the caramelized top and the soft centers. That being said, you can safely store them in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. They pack-up beautifully and kids of all ages love them.
- You can also freeze these muffins for up to 3 months.
More Easy Muffin and Cake Recipes to Make
Sometimes, individual serving desserts, pastries and sweet treats are the way to go. More baking inspiration that you may also like to try:
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Muffins are pull apart deliciousness.
- Blackberries and Cream Mini Pound Cakes are topped with a dollop of cream cheese frosting.
- Easy Pecan Pie Mini Muffins are a cross between a muffin and pecan pie.
- Double Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins are rich and decadent.
- Homemade Pumpkin Muffins with a Streusel Topping are like a taste of fall.
- Apple Cinnamon Biscuit Muffins use frozen biscuits for breakfast in a snap.
- Another flavor we love are these Mini Crumb Cake Bites from Crazy For Crust.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana 2 medium
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips divided
- ¾ cup English toffee bits divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line  24 cup mini muffin tins with liners
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the melted butter, sour cream, brown sugar, mashed bananas, egg and vanilla. Beat with the mixer for 2 minutes until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until all of the ingredients are incorporated. This will only take around 2 minutes. Stop and scrape the bowl periodically while mixing so all of the ingredients will combine.
- Fold in ½ cup mini chocolate chips and ½ cup toffee chips by hand.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups using a teaspoon or a 1 ounce ice cream scoop.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and toffee bits on top.
- Place the pans into the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the muffin tins and cool completely on a wire racks.