Banana Choco-Toffee Mini Muffins Inspired By Dr Seuss
Banana Bread Bread Muffins Only Get Better
In general, my family loves banana bread so, these muffins weren’t a vast stretch for us. I had considered adding chocolate chips to banana bread batter before but, not both toffee and chocolate. When making these, I found that for the best results, I prefer making these muffins the day they’ll be served to maintain the caramelized top and the soft center. They pack-up beautifully and kids of all ages love them. Another flavor we love are these Mini Crumb Cake Bites from Crazy For Crust.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Banana Choco-Toffee Mini Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana 2 medium
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips divided
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line  24 cup mini muffin tins with liners
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the melted butter, sour cream, brown sugar, mashed bananas, egg and vanilla. Beat with the mixer for 2 minutes until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until all of the ingredients are incorporated. This will only take around 2 minutes. Stop and scrape the bowl periodically while mixing so all of the ingredients will combine.
- Fold in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup toffee chips by hand.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups using a teaspoon or a 1 ounce ice cream scoop.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and toffee bits on top.
- Place the pans into the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the muffin tins and cool completely on a wire racks.