The flavor of pecan comes to life in these cute as a button Pecan Pie Mini Muffins. You’ll bring pecan pie to breakfast with these bite-size delights. Serve them alongside a cup of coffee or tea any time of day when you need to satisfy your sweets craving.
You’ll Bring Pecan Pie To Breakfast With Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
It’s no secret how much we love pecan pie in the South. It’s one of those classic pie flavors that we pride ourselves on and one we do very well. It’s nice to find different ways to enjoy the same flavors found in pecan pie and in my quest to do so I can upon this recipe from my friends at Southern Living Magazine. First of all, they’re adorable bite size muffins and I love that for brunch and tea parties. I can see these muffins served anytime of year but they would fit nicely on a holiday brunch menu.
Only 1/2 Cup Of Flour?
When reading the recipe be aware that there’s no typo there is only 1/2 cup of flour in these muffins. Mixed with the brown sugar the batter caramelizes and makes them taste just like pecan pie. One thing I prefer to do differently than the original recipe is, to bake these in mini muffin liners lightly spritzed with cooking spray as the brown sugar in the mini muffins can make them a bit difficult to remove from the pan. They are super simple to make and a bite of dessert heaven. They’re often the first to go so, you might want to double the recipe.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 24 mini muffin liners
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line 24 mini muffin cups with liners and lightly spritz with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl use a whisk to sift together the brown sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add the melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Use a fork to blend together just until fully moistened.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the chopped pecans into the bottom of each mini muffin liner. Divide the batter evenly between each mini muffin cup.
- Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a cooling rack. Store at room temperature.