The flavor of pecan comes to life in these cute as a button Pecan Pie Mini Muffins. You’ll bring pecan pie to breakfast with these bite-size delights. Serve them alongside a cup of coffee or tea any time of day when you need to satisfy your sweets craving.
You’ll Bring Pecan Pie to Breakfast with Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
It’s no secret how much we love pecan pie in the South. It’s one of those classic pie flavors that we pride ourselves on and one we do very well. It’s nice to find different ways to enjoy the same flavors found in pecan pie and in my quest to do so I can upon this recipe from my friends at Southern Living Magazine. First of all, they’re adorable bite size muffins and I love that for brunch and tea parties. I can see these muffins served anytime of year but they would fit nicely on a holiday brunch menu.
How to Make the BEST Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Pecan Pie Mini Muffins: Chopped pecans, all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Mini muffin pan, measuring cups and spoons, medium bowl, small bowl, whisk, cooling rack and nut chopper.
- When reading the recipe be aware that there’s no typo there is only 1/2 cup of all purpose flour in these muffins.
- Mixed with the brown sugar the batter caramelizes and makes them taste just like pecan pie. It’s an important ingredient, don’t swap it out with white sugar.
- One thing I prefer to do differently than the original recipe is to bake these in mini muffin liners lightly spritzed with cooking spray. This helps prevent sticking. The brown sugar in the mini muffins can make them a bit difficult to remove from the pan, otherwise.
- They are super simple to make and a bite of dessert heaven. They’re often the first to go so, you might want to double the recipe.
- Store Pecan Pie Mini Muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze these mini muffins for up to 2 months.
More Easy Muffin Recipes to Make
- Double Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins feature a chocolate batter that’s filled with chocolate chips.
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Muffins are a fun way to make a pull apart muffin to share.
- Blueberry Muffins are classic and the same recipe could be made with raspberries or blackberries.
- Cranberry Muffins are a must-make when fresh cranberries are in season.
- Cinnamon Streusel Oatmeal Muffins are dense and cake-like with warm cinnamon and nutmeg in the batter.
- Put overripe bananas to use in these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- Rhubarb Muffins from Insanely Good Recipes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 24 mini muffin liners
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line 24 mini muffin cups with liners and lightly spritz with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl use a whisk to sift together the brown sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add the melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Use a fork to blend together just until fully moistened.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the chopped pecans into the bottom of each mini muffin liner. Divide the batter evenly between each mini muffin cup.
- Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a cooling rack. Store at room temperature.