This Banana Pudding Cheesecake recipe combines a fluffy New York style cheesecake with Southern Style banana pudding. Top this deliciousness with whipped cream, banana slices and more Nilla wafers just before serving.
Banana Pudding Cheesecake Recipe
To make this Banana Pudding Cheesecake, begin by tossing together crushed vanilla wafer crumbs, with white sugar and melted butter. Press this into the springform pan, then mix up the filling. Use a mixer to combined the cream cheese, sugar, banana pudding mix, heavy cream, large eggs, vanilla extract and mashed bananas until completely smooth. Pour the banana pudding mixture into the crust them bake per the recipe with a pan of hot water on the bottom rack for 1 hour 15-30 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken. Let the cheesecake thoroughly chill preferably overnight prior to slicing.
How to Make the BEST Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Banana Pudding Cheesecake: Plain cream cheese, mashed bananas plus banana slices for garnishing, instant banana pudding mix, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, large eggs, salt, heavy cream, butter plus crushed vanilla wafers for the crust and whole Nilla wafers for garnishing.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Stand mixer or hand mixer, 9 inch springform pan, measuring cups and spoons, silicone spatula, large bowl, medium bowl and cooling rack.
- It’s not required to bake this cheesecake in a bain marie, or water bath. Instead, for this recipe place a pan on the bottom rack of the oven filled with boiling water to provide moisture and steam while the cheesecake bakes. Should you choose to create a bain marie, double wrap the springform pan with heavy duty foil to prevent any seepage of the water.
- Banana slices for garnishing should only be used when serving immediately to prevent them from turning brown. You may also opt to toss them with a small amount of lemon juice to delay oxidation.
- Allow ample time for the cheesecake to thoroughly chill prior to cutting.
- Store Banana Pudding Cheesecake chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days. Again, remove any banana slices prior to storing.
- You can freeze this cheesecake for up to 3 months. When doing so, thaw in the refrigerator and garnish just before serving.
- Prior to freezing, cut into desired size pieces and place a small rectangular piece of wax paper between the slices prior to wrapping. This will allow you to remove only what you need when you want a piece for dessert.
- Thaw frozen cheesecake in the refrigerator.
More Cheesecake Recipes to Make
- Oreo Cheesecake is sure to become a family favorite.
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake is a fusion of two beloved Southern desserts rolled into one.
- Island inspired Key Lime Cheesecake.
- Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake is filled with Reese’s cups in the cheesecake filling and a nutter butter cookie crust.
- Black Bottomed Strawberry Cheesecake Pie has a surprise hidden inside.
- Double Chocolate Cheesecake is a winner every time it’s served.
- Lemon Cheesecake from Baker by Nature.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- 2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 4 8 oz blocks cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar divided use
- 1 3.4 oz box instant banana pudding
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- whipped cream, whole vanilla wafers and banana slices for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place an 8 x 8 pan on bottom rack and fill halfway with boiling water.
- To Make the Crust: Spray a 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray. Wrap outside of pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl toss together vanilla wafer crumbs 2 Tbsp granulated sugar and butter until fully moistened. Press onto bottom and halfway up sides of pan. Place pan into freezer while you make filing.
- To Make the Filling: Using an electric mixer, whip together cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy. Add 1 cup sugar, banana pudding mix, cornstarch and salt beating on medium speed until completely smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Stop and scrape sides and bottom of bowl as needed.
- Add bananas, cream and vanilla. Beat on low speed just until fully combined without beating too much air into the filling.
- Pour filling mixture evenly into crust. Bake on middle rack of oven for 1 hr 15 minutes – 1 hr 30 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken. Remove to a cooling rack, and allow to cool for 30 minutes then run a knife gently around the top edge.
- Cool completely to room temperature with ring in place then refrigerate uncovered with ring in place for 12 hours or overnight.
- To serve, use a sharp knife to slice into desired size servings topped with whipped cream, banana slices and vanilla wafers.