Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake with a nutter butter crust is a dessert win for the peanut butter cup lovers in your life. Filled with Reese's and topped with a chocolate ganache, it's guaranteed to be enjoyed by all.
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Cheesecake is one of the richest of dessert pleasures in life. I have friends that shy away from making them because of the general mindset that you have to bake them in a water bath. There truly is science behind the water bath technique, or for the culinary purests, the bain-marie. I've used the bain-marie technique myself. Why use a bain-marie?
- The purpose is not to generate steam but rather; to provide a moist cooking environment in which the cheesecake gently bakes without over browning.
- It can also help prevent cracks that may form on top. You'll be relieved to know that it's not necessary for this particular cheesecake.
Helpful Cheesecake Making Tips
For the best end result, it's important to do some ingredient preparation in advance.
- For example, the cream cheese and eggs need to be at room temperature before you begin.
- Secondly, a slow oven works wonders. Some tiny cracks will form on top as the cheesecake puffs up, but, they'll magically repair themselves as the cheesecake cools and settles.
- Cool the cheesecake completely to room temperature on the counter before chilling.
- Lastly, the most delicious reason; we're covering the top with a decadent ganache, anyway. When you taste this cheesecake, I assure you, cracks will be the last thing on your mind, it's all about love.
- You my also love to try my chocolate peanut butter cup lasagna and chocolate dipped 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies. Alss, this recipe for homemade peanut butter cups from Fifteen Spatulas.
Thank for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- 2 cups crushed peanut butter sandwich cookie crumbs [i.e Nutter Butters]
- ½ cup salted cocktail peanuts finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 4 (8 oz) packages softened cream cheese
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- 1 ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix together the cookie crumbs, peanuts, sugar and butter. Firmly press on bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes, then set aside on a rack to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer cream together cream cheese, peanut butter, heavy cream, granulated and brown sugar, all-purpose flour and vanilla.
- Add whole eggs, one at a time. Add the egg yolks, beating well after each addition. Scrape the side of the bowl as needed. Pour half of filling over the crust.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of chopped peanut butter cups over the filling then pour remaining on top. Spread evenly. Gently, tap on the counter a few times to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken. Cool to room temperature on a cooling rack in the springform pan. The edges should begin to pull away from the sides.
- cover loosely and chill for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight before cutting.
- To make ganache: Melt chocolate chips and heavy cream in the microwave in 20 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth.
- Remove outer ring and smooth sides, if needed. Spread ganache on top of cheesecake. Garnish with chopped peanuts while wet then chill until set.
- Store chilled.