Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Black Bottomed Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream. divided
- 1 9 inch graham cracker crust pre-made or homemade [see cook's note]
- 2 [8 oz] cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 [3.4 oz] pkg cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 1 quart strawberries cubed & divided [Reserve 4 whole for garnishing]
- 2 [8 oz] frozen whipped topping thawed & divided
- red food coloring
- Melt the milk chocolate chips together with 1/4 cup heavy cream in the microwave. Melt in 15-20 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth.
- Pour into the bottom of the pie crust. Gently spread on the bottom and partially up the sides. Set the crust into the fridge to allow the chocolate to set around 20 minutes.
- To make the filling, cream together the softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, cheesecake pudding mix, heavy cream and 2-3 drops of red food coloring. Whip for an additional 2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove the hull from the strawberries and cube. Reserve 4 whole strawberries for garnishing. By hand fold the cubed strawberries and 8 oz of the thawed whipped topping into the filling.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell. Spread evenly.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before cutting and serving. [This pie can be made without freezing as well. In that case, the filling should be allowed to chill for at least 4-6 hours prior to cutting and serving. Due to the fresh strawberries, it should be served the same day, freeze leftovers.] Frost the top with the remaining 8 oz whipped topping and garnish with fresh strawberries.
To make a homemade graham cracker crust, you'll need: 2 1/4 cups of graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 4 Tbsp melted butter. Mix together and press into a 9 inch pie pan. Bake at 375°F for 12-14 minutes until set and golden. Cool completely before filling.