Cool down this summer with a big piece of this Black Bottomed Strawberry Cheesecake Pie. The graham cracker crust is covered with chocolate ganache giving it a mouthwatering surprise hidden inside. The creamy cheesecake filling is embellished with fresh strawberries then topped with whipped cream and frozen. It’s a make-ahead dream dessert.
Cool Down This Summer with a Frozen Pie
Frozen desserts like this cheesecake pie are so refreshing in the warm Summer months. This black bottomed strawberry cheesecake pie can be made ahead, frozen, then topped with fresh strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream just before serving. The black bottom made by a velvety chocolate ganache is a fun surprise hiding inside.
Black Bottomed Strawberry Cheesecake Pie Tips
This strawberry cheesecake pie is designed to be made in advance making it perfect for entertaining and special occasions. You can thaw it in the refrigerator overnight, or set it on the counter for 20-30 minutes to allow it to soften, prior to cutting. Make a point to use a sharp knife dipped in warm water to cut a clean and beautiful slice of this frozen confection. The chocolate ganache layer on the bottom is such a nice surprise and makes this pie extra special. Chocolate, combined with fresh strawberries and cheesecake is a triple thread combination, it just doesn’t get any better than that. Other tasty ways to enjoy fresh strawberries are these Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life and Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins from Two Peas and Their Pod.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Black Bottomed Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
Servings: 8 pieces
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream. divided
- 1 9 inch graham cracker crust pre-made or homemade [see cook's note]
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 3.4 oz package cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 1 quart strawberries cubed & divided [Reserve 4 whole for garnishing]
- 2 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed & divided
- red food coloring
- Melt the milk chocolate chips together with 1/4 cup heavy cream in the microwave. Melt in 15-20 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth.
- Pour into the bottom of the pie crust. Gently spread on the bottom and partially up the sides. Set the crust into the fridge to allow the chocolate to set around 20 minutes.
- To make the filling, cream together the softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, cheesecake pudding mix, heavy cream and 2-3 drops of red food coloring. Whip for an additional 2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove the hull from the strawberries and cube. Reserve 4 whole strawberries for garnishing. By hand fold the cubed strawberries and 8 oz of the thawed whipped topping into the filling.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell. Spread evenly.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before cutting and serving. [This pie can be made without freezing as well. In that case, the filling should be allowed to chill for at least 4-6 hours prior to cutting and serving. Due to the fresh strawberries, it should be served the same day, freeze leftovers.] Frost the top with the remaining 8 oz whipped topping and garnish with fresh strawberries.
To make a homemade graham cracker crust, you'll need: 2 1/4 cups of graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 4 Tbsp melted butter. Mix together and press into a 9 inch pie pan. Bake at 375°F for 12-14 minutes until set and golden. Cool completely before filling.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!