30 minute meals like this Barbecue Chicken Bacon And Jalapeno Pizza Bread can be a busy day lifesaver. Rotisserie chicken, pickled jalapenos, bacon and lots of cheese liberally drizzled with barbecue sauce and rolled up in pizza dough. After brushing with butter and baking until golden it’s ready to slice and serve.
I’ve been dreaming up versions of this pizza bread for years. It’s the sort of dish I turn to when we need a “grab & go” meal. I often receive requests for quick and easy family friendly meal ideas and in particular, dishes using chicken. So, after a busy day of running here and there, I made this for a quick and easy dinner for my family and I snapped a few pictures along the way to share it with you all, too. If you need a larger pizza bread, increase the amount of dough that you start with or make two.. It goes amazingly well with a salad and reheats well, too.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Barbecue Chicken Bacon And Jalapeno Pizza Bread
- 1 lb homemade pizza dough or 1 [13.4 oz] refrigerated pizza dough [such as Pillsbury Classic]
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce divided [plus add'l for dipping]
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken roughly chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked & crumbled
- 12 pickled jalapeno slices [more or less to your taste]
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a standard, 11 x 17 inch baking pan with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Gently stretch the pizza dough into roughly a 10 x 13 inch rectangle.
- Drizzle 1/2 of the barbecue sauce on top. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- Arrange the chicken, bacon crumbles and jalapeno slices on top.
- Drizzle with the remaining sauce. [tip: Blot the jalapeno slices with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture]
- Season with garlic salt to your taste and top with the chopped cilantro and chopped green onions.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Begin to roll starting with the widest edge.
- Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Use your hands to shape the dough evenly.
- Brush the tops and sides with melted butter saving some to brush on top after baking.
- Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt, 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese and dry Italian seasoning.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes until golden.
- Rest for 5-10 minutes on the counter before cutting into slices using a serrated knife.
- Brush with butter and an additional sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve with barbecue sauce on the side for dipping.