Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Barbecue Chicken Bacon And Jalapeno Pizza Bread
- 1 lb homemade pizza dough or 1 [13.4 oz] refrigerated pizza dough [such as Pillsbury Classic]
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce divided [plus add'l for dipping]
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken roughly chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked & crumbled
- 12 pickled jalapeno slices [more or less to your taste]
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a standard, 11 x 17 inch baking pan with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Gently stretch the pizza dough into roughly a 10 x 13 inch rectangle.
- Drizzle 1/2 of the barbecue sauce on top. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- Arrange the chicken, bacon crumbles and jalapeno slices on top.
- Drizzle with the remaining sauce. [tip: Blot the jalapeno slices with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture]
- Season with garlic salt to your taste and top with the chopped cilantro and chopped green onions.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Begin to roll starting with the widest edge.
- Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Use your hands to shape the dough evenly.
- Brush the tops and sides with melted butter saving some to brush on top after baking.
- Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt, 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese and dry Italian seasoning.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes until golden.
- Rest for 5-10 minutes on the counter before cutting into slices using a serrated knife.
- Brush with butter and an additional sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve with barbecue sauce on the side for dipping.