This family-style Chicken Parmesan Stromboli is an easy option for casual meals and snacking. Serve it with a side of warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Chicken Parmesan Stromboli
Like many of you, I’m a busy Mom doing my best to get quick meals on the table for my family. While I love making homemade pizza dough from scratch, sometimes my schedule dictates how much time I have to dedicate to the process. Due to that, I sometimes utilize a convenience item to make dinner prep a cinch. Prepared pizza dough can be a life saver at such times, and it works like a charm for this chicken parm stromboli.
Helpful Tips for Making this Easy Stromboli
- This recipe was designed to use an easy-to-find tube of refrigerated pizza dough. Not only does it bake quickly but, it also cooks through and should not result in underdone dough.
- That being said, make sure you press the dough evenly when forming into a rectangle, for the best end result.
- Don’t go overboard with the pizza sauce. You can always serve additional on the side.
- In place of the mozzarella, you can also use an Italian cheese blend of provolone or asiago cheese, to expand the flavor.
- I never measure the seasonings for the top. Eyeball the amount of garlic salt and Italian seasoning to your taste.
Other Easy Stromboli Recipes to Try
I have several variations of easy stromboli recipes to make dinner prep a cinch.
- A true fan favorite is my Pepper Steak Stromboli.
- Another chicken flavor that’s always a hit, Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli.
- And, a breakfast delight, Sunrise Stromboli filled with eggs, cheese and bacon.
- Why stop there? You may like to try this Chocolate and Cherry Stromboli from Taste of Home for dessert.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Parmesan Stromboli
- 1 13.8 oz refrigerated classic pizza crust i.e. Pillsbury
- 3/4 cup thick pizza sauce i.e. Classic, divided plus additional for serving
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian blend of cheese divided
- 2 cups roughly chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt plus additional for the top
- 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning plus additional for the top
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment. Set aside.
- On a non-stick surface, stretch the pizza dough into roughly a 16 x 12 inch rectangle. Spread with 1/2 cup pizza sauce leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edge..
- Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Arrange chicken over cheese.
- Season chicken with garlic salt, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes, if using. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp Parmesan.
- Spoon remaining 1/4 cup sauce over chicken then top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Begin rolling from widest edge, shaping as you go. End seam side down.
- Brush top and sides of dough with melted butter. Season lightly with garlic salt and Italian seasoning (Eyeball the amount) Finish with remaining 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Rest for 5 minutes on pan.
- Cut into 8 (2 inch) pieces. Serve with additional pizza sauce for dipping, if desired.