This family-style Chicken Parmesan Stromboli is an easy option for casual meals and snacking. Serve it with a side of warm pizza sauce for dipping and add a salad to turn it into a meal.
Easy Chicken Parmesan Stromboli Recipe
Like many of you, I’m a busy Mom doing my best to get quick meals on the table for my family. While I love making homemade pizza dough from scratch, sometimes my schedule dictates how much time I have to dedicate to the process. Due to that, I sometimes utilize a convenience item to make dinner prep a cinch. Prepared pizza dough can be a life saver at such times, and it works like a charm for this chicken parmesan stromboli.
How to Make the Best Baked Chicken Parmesan Stromboli Recipe
Family style strombolis are super simple to make and then slice into desired size portions. Thinner slices are ideal for snacking and appetizers and larger portions for casual meals.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Chicken Parmesan Stromboli: Refrigerated pizza dough (i.e. Pillsbury Classic) chopped rotisserie chicken or breaded chicken tenders, pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, dry Italian seasoning, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, melted butter to brush the top before baking and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A large sheet pan for baking, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a knife or offset spatula to spread the pizza sauce, a cheese grater, small bowl for the melted butter and a pastry brush.
- I use rotisserie chicken in this recipe to keep prep to a minimum. That said, you could also use breaded fried chicken breasts or chicken tenders that have been cooked and chopped for the filling, if you like.
- This recipe was designed to use an easy-to-find tube of refrigerated Pillsbury pizza dough. Not only does it bake quickly but, it also cooks all the way through and should not result in underdone dough.
- That being said, when preparing the pizza dough for filling, make sure you press the dough evenly when forming it into a rectangle for the best end result.
- When assembling the stromboli, don’t go overboard with the pizza sauce. You can always serve additional on the side for dipping. If you add too much, it won’t bake evenly.
- In place of the mozzarella, you could also use an Italian cheese blend of shredded provolone or asiago cheese, to expand the flavor profile.
- This is one of those instances in cooking that I never measure the seasonings for the top. Eyeball the amount of garlic salt and Italian seasoning to suit your taste.
- Store leftover Chicken Parmesan Stromboli chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in the microwave.
More Southern Style Stromboli Recipes to Make
I have several variations of easy stromboli recipes to make dinner prep a cinch. We enjoy these family style stromboli’s that can be sliced into individual portions for serving. Other stromboli recipes you may like to try:
- A true fan favorite is my recipe for Pepper Steak Stromboli. It utilizes leftover grilled steak transforming it into a round two meal.
- Another chicken flavor that’s always a hit with family and friends is this recipe for Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli.
- Start your day with a delightful Sunrise Stromboli featuring pizza dough stuffed with eggs, cheese and bacon.
- Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli is ooey gooey good.
- Why stop there? You may like to try this Chocolate and Cherry Stromboli from Taste of Home for dessert.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Chicken Parmesan Stromboli
- 1 13.8 oz refrigerated classic pizza crust i.e. Pillsbury
- 3/4 cup thick pizza sauce i.e. Classic, divided plus additional for serving
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian blend of cheese divided
- 2 cups roughly chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt plus additional for the top
- 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning plus additional for the top
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment. Set aside.
- On a non-stick surface, stretch the pizza dough into roughly a 16 x 12 inch rectangle. Spread with 1/2 cup pizza sauce leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edge..
- Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Arrange chicken over cheese.
- Season chicken with garlic salt, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes, if using. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp Parmesan.
- Spoon remaining 1/4 cup sauce over chicken then top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Begin rolling from widest edge, shaping as you go. End seam side down.
- Brush top and sides of dough with melted butter. Season lightly with garlic salt and Italian seasoning (Eyeball the amount) Finish with remaining 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Rest for 5 minutes on pan.
- Cut into 8 (2 inch) pieces. Serve with additional pizza sauce for dipping, if desired.