This scrumptious gooey family-style Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli makes the perfect budget friendly meal. Filled with grilled steak, peppers and onion, it’s perfect for stretching leftover grilled steak into another meal. Save money and time and feed a family of four a stromboli feast in 30 minutes.
Easy Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli Recipe
We’re all mindful of how we spend money these days, especially with a hungry family to feed. Because of this, I find it helpful when grilling any variety of meats to prepare more than we need for our meal, so we can have a “round 2″ meal another day. Not only does it save money in the long run, but precious family time as well. Grilled sirloin can easily be repurposed into a completely different meal. Roll it up in pizza dough, then top with crisp cooked bell peppers and onions, and of course, gooey mozzarella cheese. While the stromboli bakes, toss together a salad filled with your choice of leafy greens and fresh crispy vegetables and you can have a perfect pairing on the table in around 30 minutes. How to make Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Vegetables – In a skillet, saute the onion and bell pepper in a couple of drizzles of olive oil. Season with Italian seasoning, garlic salt and black pepper. Saute just until softened.
- Pizza Dough – Press the pizza dough into roughly a 12 x 16 inch rectangle. Top with half of the shredded cheese.
- Steak – Arrange the steak over the cheese and top with the cooked onion and bell pepper.
- Dressing – Drizzle with Parmesan-Peppercorn dressing, then top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Begin rolling starting with the widest edge ending seam side down. Transfer to a sheet pan seam side down. Brush all sides with melted butter. Season the top with Italian seasoning and garlic salt to your taste. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake – Bake in preheated 425°F oven per the recipe until golden. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
How to Make the Best Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli Recipe
Family style Stromboli’s speed up preparation and you can divide them according to how many serving are needed. Whether you serve them as a meal, small bite, or game day snack.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli: Refrigerated pizza dough (i.e. Pillsbury Classic) shredded mozzarella cheese, grilled sirloin steak, olive oil, sliced onion and green bell pepper, garlic salt, dry Italian seasoning, black pepper or red pepper flakes, Parmesan peppercorn salad dressing or similar, melted butter to brush the top and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A large sheet pan, sharp knife and chopping board, a skillet and large spoon, cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, a pastry brush and mixing bowl.
- This cheesesteak stromboli is made with previously grilled steak. It’s important that it not be overcooked to start with or it could be dry once assembled and baked in the pizza dough. It should also be cooled.
- If you’re unable to find Parmesan peppercorn salad dressing you can use a bottled Caesar dressing, creamy Italian dressing or any similar dressing with the same flavor profile.
- You can slice this stromboli into thinner pieces and serve it as a small bite or in larger portions for a casual dinner. Pair it with a wedge salad or cucumber tomato onion salad and Parmesan rosemary roasted potatoes for a complete meal.
- Store leftover Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli chilled for up to 2 days. Reheat gently in the microwave.
More Southern Style Stromboli Recipes to Make
Family style strombolis are a regular on our dinner menu. More stromboli recipes you may like to try:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli featuring the triple threat flavor combination that always satisfies.
- Italian Sausage Stromboli that can be made with sweet or spicy Italian sausage.
- Sunrise Stromboli is stuffed with all of our breakfast favorites for a tasty way to start the day.
- Chicken Parmesan Stromboli can be made using rotisserie chicken or breaded chicken tenders.
- Skip the buns and serve this Bacon Cheeseburger Stromboli instead.
- Classic Stromboli from The Food Charlatan.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli
- 1 13.4 oz Pillsbury classic pizza dough refrigerated
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1½ lb grilled sirloin steak roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning divided
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup prepared Parmesan-Peppercorn salad dressing See Cook’s note
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a standard sheet pan with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a skillet, saute the onion and bell pepper in a couple of drizzles of olive oil. Season with 1 tsp of dry Italian seasoning, garlic salt and black pepper to your taste. Saute for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Press the pizza dough into roughly a 12 x 16 inch rectangle. Top with half of the shredded cheese.
- Arrange the chopped steak over the cheese and top with the cooked onion and pepper.
- Drizzle with ⅓ cup Parmesan-Peppercorn dressing, then top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Begin rolling starting with the widest edge ending seam side down. Transfer to sheet pan seam side down on the parchment paper.
- Brush the top and sides with melted butter. Season the top with ½ tsp dry Italian seasoning and garlic salt to your taste. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Mix 1/3 cup Ranch dressing with 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper.