This scrumptious gooey family-style Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli makes the perfect budget friendly meal. Filled with grilled steak, peppers and onion, it's perfect for stretching leftover grilled steak into another meal. Save money and time and feed a family of four a stromboli feast in 30 minutes.
Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli and Budget Friendly Meals
We’re all mindful of how we spend money these days, especially with a hungry family to feed. Because of this, I find it helpful when grilling any variety of meats to prepare more than we need for our meal, so we can have a “round 2″ meal another day. Not only does it save money but, precious family time as well. Grilled sirloin can easily be repurposed into a completely different meal. Roll it up in pizza dough, then top with crisp cooked bell peppers and onions, and of course, gooey mozzarella cheese. While the stromboli bakes, toss together a salad filled with your choice of leafy greens and fresh crispy vegetables and you can have a perfect pairing on the table in around 30 minutes.
Other Recipes like this Family-Style Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli to Try
Family style Stromboli's speed up preparation and you can divide them according to how many serving are needed. Whether you serve them as a meal, small bite, or game day snack. Other recipes you may like to try:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli featuring the winning combination that always satisfies
- Italian Sausage Stromboli that can be made with sweet or spicy Italian sausage
- Sunrise Stromboli a tasty way to start the day
- Classic Stromboli from The Food Charlaton
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli
- 1 13.4 oz Pillsbury classic pizza dough refrigerated
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1½ lb grilled sirloin steak roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tsp dried Italian seasoning divided
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup prepared Parmesan-Peppercorn salad dressing See Cook's note
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a skillet, saute the onion and bell pepper in a couple of drizzles of olive oil. Season with 1 tsp of dry Italian seasoning, garlic salt and black pepper to your taste. Saute for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Press the pizza dough into roughly a 10 x 13 inch rectangle. Top with half of the shredded cheese.
- Arrange the chopped steak over the cheese and top with the cooked onion and pepper.
- Drizzle with ⅓ cup Parmesan-Peppercorn dressing, then top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Begin rolling starting with the widest edge ending seam side down. Place seam side down on the parchment paper.
- Brush the top and sides with melted butter. Season the top with ½ tsp dry Italian seasoning and garlic salt to your taste. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes until golden. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Mix ⅓ cup Ranch dressing with 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese and ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper.