This scrumptious gooey family-style mozzarella cheesesteak stromboli makes the perfect budget friendly meal. Stretch leftover grilled streak into a meal to feed a family of 4 in about 30 minutes.
We’re all mindful of how we spend money these days, especially with a hungry family to feed. Because of this, I find it helpful when grilling to prepare more than we need for our meal, so we can have a “Round 2″ meal another day. Not only does it save money, but precious family time as well. Grilled sirloin can easily be “re-purposed” into a completely different meal. Roll it up in pizza dough, then top with crisp cooked bell peppers and onions, and of course, gooey mozzerella cheese. While the stromboli bakes, toss together a salad filled with your choice of leafy greens and fresh crispy vegetables and you can have a perfect pairing on the table in around 30 minutes.
Family-style Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Mozzarella Cheesesteak Stromboli
- 1 [13.4] oz Pillsbury classic pizza dough refrigerated
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1½ lb grilled sirloin steak roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning divided
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup prepared Parmesan-Peppercorn salad dressing See Cook's note
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a skillet, saute the onion and bell pepper in a couple of drizzles of olive oil. Season with 1 tsp of dry Italian seasoning, garlic salt and black pepper to your taste. Saute for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Press the pizza dough into roughly a 10 x 13 inch rectangle. Top with half of the shredded cheese.
- Arrange the chopped steak over the cheese and top with the cooked onion and pepper.
- Drizzle with ⅓ cup Parmesan-Peppercorn dressing, then top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Begin rolling starting with the widest edge ending seam side down. Place seam side down on the parchment paper.
- Brush the top and sides with melted butter. Season the top with ½ tsp dry Italian seasoning and garlic salt to your taste. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes until golden. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Mix 1/3 cup Ranch dressing with 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper.