Whether you're hosting a casual gathering with friends, or creating your own homestyle fiesta, these Easy Frozen Strawberry Lime Margaritas are just the ticket. I'll show you how to make them as a family friendly mocktail or full throttle adult drink, either way they're fun to serve.
Make Virgin Frozen Strawberry Lime Margaritas or with Tequila
Just the sight of a margarita at a Mexican restaurant makes you think of fun festivities, doesn't it? Perhaps it's the presentation in the pretty glasses coupled with the vibrant colors, regardless they just spell fun drinks to enjoy. You can make this recipe with or without alcohol for serving at home.
Helpful Tips for Making Margaritas
I always like to give you options when I share a recipe, so I wanted to mention a few tips for your margarita making success.
- When choosing the type of tequila for this recipe, choose your favorite. Often a blanco or silver tequila is used for restaurant style margaritas, but there are many options. Rule of thumb is, if you like it, then you'll be good to go.
- If you'd like to make these family friendly, replace the alcohol in the recipe with seltzer water. It works like a charm and the kids can enjoy a frozen treat, too.
- Frozen margaritas are such that they should be made and enjoyed. That being said, you can make them in advance and keep frozen. Toss them into the blender and pulse to smooth before serving, adding additional liquid, either seltzer water, lime juice or tequila, as needed to thin.
- Adjust the amount of tequila and triple sec to your personal taste.
- See how to make a classic margarita here on Food Network.
Other Recipes to Enjoy with Margaritas
If you're planning a Cinco de Mayo or anytime of year party menu, checkout these recipes, too.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Frozen Strawberry Lime Margaritas
- 1 12 oz can frozen limeade
- 8 oz tequila (Blanco or Silver Tequila)
- ⅓ cup Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 1 quart fresh strawberries washed and hulled
- 2-4 cups ice OR just enough to fill blender
- salt for rim of glass
- Combine all ingredients into blender in order given. Place lid firmly on top and blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, dip rim of cocktail glasses in water or brush with a pastry brush,then dip in salt. (See Cook's note)
- Divide margarita mixture evenly between cocktail glasses and serve immediately garnished with lime slices and strawberries.
- This recipe can easily be modified to be non-alcoholic, by leaving out the tequila and triple sec. Use seltzer water to replace the alcohol and add more as needed blending until the thickness is to your preference.
- Dampen rim of glass with lime juice or water and dip in salt for a classic margarita. You can do the same using granulated sugar. Decorate with slices of lime or fresh strawberries attached to the rim of the glass.
- 16 ounces of frozen strawberries can be used in place of fresh strawberries. Thin with water as needed.
- Adjust amount of liquor using more, or less, to your taste.