Spice rubbed Braised Mexican-Style Pork Ribs are melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness. Meaty country style ribs are spice rubbed then seared on the stovetop on all sides. After drizzling with a spicy-sweet glaze they’re slow roasted in the oven until they’re fall apart tender. These ribs are sure to be a ht with family and friends alike.
North Carolinians Love Pork
Braised Mexican-Style Pork Ribs Serving Suggestions
My family enjoys these ribs many ways but, these are the top three ways. Sometimes, they enjoy them served over a scoop of rice, or as a hoagie on a toasted baguette with coleslaw as well as wrapped in warm tortillas with their favorite taco toppings such as pico de gallo or guacamole. It’s another one of those dishes that is so simple to prepare and packs such great flavor making them an ideal choice for any occasion.
Other Pork Ribs Recipes To Try
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Braised Mexican-Style Pork Ribs
- 4 lb boneless country style pork ribs
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 chipotle in adobo sauce minced
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dark chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chipotle-honey barbecue sauce or your favorite plus additional for serving
- 1 medium sweet onion sliced into wedges
- 1 10 oz can Rotel Chili Fixin's or chili seasoned tomatoes
- olive oil
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Heat a couple of drizzles of olive oil in the bottom of a dutch oven or heavy bottomed oven safe skillet. Mix together the brown sugar, minced chipotle peppers, minced garlic, lime juice, cumin, chili, paprika, garlic salt, oregano, pepper and cinnamon. Rub the paste onto the ribs on all sides. Sear the ribs turning as needed in the dutch oven.
- After searing on all sides, drizzle the ribs with the barbecue sauce and arrange the onion wedges on top. Drizzle with the Rotel tomatoes.
- Cover tightly and braise in the oven for 3 hours or until the meat easily pulls apart with a fork. Rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve on a scoop of rice, on toasted baguettes drizzled with additional barbecue sauce topped with slaw, or on warm tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.