This irresistible Supreme Pizza Pull Apart Bread turns an inexpensive loaf of bread into a gooey delicious appetizer. It’s perfect for casual finger food soirées, family movie night and game day gatherings.
Party Ready Easy Supreme Pizza Pull Apart Bread
This bread may look fussy to make but rest assured, it’s not. The pretty diamond pattern is achieved simply by using a sharp knife to cut a large loaf of bread on the diagonal. The filling could be prepped in advance to save time and then the bread assembled just before baking. The items you’ll need to make this bread are simple, too. You’ll need a sharp knife and chopping board, a large skillet to cook the filling, measuring cups and spoons, and a small bowl to melt the butter. You’ll also need a pastry brush to brush the melted butter onto the bread before baking.
How to Make the BEST Supreme Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- For this bread, you’ll need a big fluffy loaf of inexpensive bread from the grocery store bakery. They vary somewhat in length and width, choose a wide loaf for the best end result.
- You can make the filling in advance and chill then assemble when you’re ready to bake.
- The cheese slices that go between each cut should sort of form a “sandwich” to hold the filling. So it’s important to put them in place first, so it forms the edible “glue” for each mouthwatering bite.
- When stuffing the bread with the filling, keep in mind uniformity of color. For example, red, green and black olives evenly distributed will make for a prettier presentation.
- The vegetables, onion and bell peppers should be fairly finely chopped for the best esthetic. Big chunks don’t work here.
- I find that sliced cheese is easier to work with here. That said, you could probably adapt using grated cheese, if that’s your preference, or if you’d like to use what you already have on hand. Just keep in mind the cheese is what holds it all together so be generous, you’ll likely need 3 cups.
When to Serve Supreme Pizza Pull Apart Bread
This bread is suitable to served on any day your family may be in the mood to graze. I’d be quite happy with this and a salad for dinner. That said, it’s perfection for game day, casual gatherings, movie night at home with your family and backyard picnics. You could even wrap this bread in heavy duty foil and throw it onto a medium-heat grill or campfire for 15-20 minutes or so, to bake and melt the cheese.
More Pull Apart Bread Recipes to Make
Pull apart breads can be served as an appetizer, snack, casual meal or party food. They can take you from breakfast to supper without question, and I find that they always disappear in a hurry. Other pull apart bread options to try:
- Garlic Parmesan Pull Apart Bread is a fan favorite that stands the test of time.
- Pull Apart Sausage Egg and Cheese Rolls are a breakfast win.
- Mozzarella Cheese Garlic Bread is another transformation of a simple loaf of bread into a side dish treat.
- Glazed Skillet Monkey Bread is an old school favorite.
- A viral Pinterest favorite Chicken Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Rolls.
- Cinnamon Apple Pull Apart Bread from King Arthur Baking.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Supreme Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- 1 16-18 inch loaf Italian or French bread
- 8 oz spicy Italian sausage casings removed
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning divided use
- 1/2 cup quartered pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 slices mozzarella cheese quartered
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for garnishing
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cups warm pizza sauce for serving
- To make the filling: In a medium size skillet, cook sausage, onion, green pepper, red pepper and 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning until no pink remains in sausage. Remove from heat and drain well. Add pepperoni and olives, mixing until evenly distributed. Set aside to cool then add shredded cheese. Mix well.
- To assemble. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 2 (24 inch) pieces of heavy duty foil across each other on a large sheet pan. Spray foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Use a serrated knife to cut loaf on the bias in a criss cross pattern 1 inch apart without cutting all the way through to the bottom. Center bread in foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, ¼ tsp Italian seasoning and garlic. Gently pull apart bread cuts and brush between each, reserving ½ for the top. Arrange quartered cheese slices in cuts, spoon sausage mixture evenly between cheese slices.
- Brush top with reserved butter and sprinkle all over with Parmesan cheese.
- To bake: Pull foil up loosely and seal. Bake for 30 minutes, then pull foil back and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or just until lightly golden and cheese is fully melted.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley, pulling apart pieces and dipping in warmed pizza sauce. (May brush with more butter and sprinkle with additional grated Parmesan just before serving, if desired.)