This Buffalo Chicken Pizza takes everything we love about wings and combines them into a pizza pie. Serve it for casual meals with the family, game day or add it to your small bites menu.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Have you ever had one of those days when you're feverishly trying to think of something good for dinner, but can't? Should we eat out, should we stay in, you know the drill, it's a daily dilemma. Today was one of those days. We all draw a complete blank at times. Usually, those are the times that I choose from a few dishes we affectionately call party food. This buffalo chicken pizza is one such meal saver on those days I don't feel especially inspired and the family always gobbles it up.
Helpful Tips for Making Buffalo Wing Pizza
Subs, wings, pizza, veggies and dip, you know, quick foods. I didn't have wings on hand so, I chose the combined flavors of pizza and wings in the form of a buffalo chicken pizza, solving my dilemma. I thought I'd pass along to you my take on this popular spicy pizza.
- This pizza is designed to be quick and easy hence the use of refrigerated pizza dough. You can make your own pizza dough if your prefer, using my recipe for homemade pizza dough.
- You can use your favorite wing sauce for this recipe.
- I make this pizza in a rectangle but you can certainly go with classic round if that's your pleasure.
- If you don't care for bleu cheese Ranch can be used in place of bleu cheese dressing.
- You may also like to try these recipes for Barbecue Chicken and Bacon Pizza, Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza and Toffee Apple Pizza for dessert.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Servings: 8 pieces
- 1 13.8 oz tube refrigerated pizza dough
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce divided use
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey-Jack cheese divided use
- 1 ½ cups chopped roasted or rotisserie chicken
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup purple onion thinly sliced
- ½ tsp each garlic salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup bleu cheese crumbles
- ⅓ cup prepared chunky bleu cheese dressing plus add'l for dipping
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pizza crust onto the parchment and gently stretch the dough into an 8 x 13 inch rectangle. [Alternatively, shape into a 14 inch round]
- Spread ¼ cup of hot sauce evenly on the pizza crust. In a small bowl, toss chicken with the other ¼ cup of sauce.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the crust, then layer the chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the bleu cheese crumbles and season with garlic salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle ⅓ cup dressing on top.
- Sprinkle with the reserved cheese, sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Cut into desired size pieces and serve with fresh vegetables and bleu cheese dressing for dipping.
Ranch can be used in place of bleu cheese dressing, if desired.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 1066mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 424IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 208mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Hi Jamie! I'm delighted to hear you like this one, it's a great "quick meal" pizza. Thanks for stopping by. ~ Melissa
Melissa thank you for the recipe what a great treat for our beach trip