No buns? No problem! This Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza takes everything we love about a cheeseburger and pairs it with pizza dough. You can enjoy it as an appetizer or a main course any day of the week.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
It's no secret how much Americans love cheeseburgers. This bacon cheeseburger pizza is a fun way to enjoy those same lovable flavors in a slightly different variation. Generally I make this bacon cheeseburger pizza when I'm out of hamburger rolls and the family is ready to eat. To avoid a trip to the store out comes pizza dough for a quick meal fix. It never ceases to amaze me the interest that's generated simply by serving an all-time favorite in a different shape. It seems to always pique people's curiosity.
- You can make this pizza with frozen or homemade pizza dough. In a pinch, you could even use a refrigerated tube of dough. This recipe is about getting dinner on the table with little fuss.
- The amount of ketchup and mustard used, can easily be adjust to your taste. Eyeball the amounts, and adapt to your liking.
Sides to Serve with Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
A classic wedge salad is a spectacular choice to serve with this down home pizza. If you're serving this as an appetizer for your game day eats, perhaps add baked buffalo wings and million dollar dip to the menu, too. Pair this scrumptious pizza with your favorite sides like these homemade potato chips from Culinary Hill, and it's mealtime in no-time.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough, frozen or homemade
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices bacon
- 8 oz extra lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon steak or hamburger seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup ketchup eyeball amount
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard eyeball amount
- ⅓ cup sweet onion thinly sliced
- 16 dill pickle slices pat dry
- 1 ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Oil a 16 inch pizza pan. Press pizza dough evenly onto pan. Brush with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a medium-size skillet cook the bacon until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Reserve 2 tablespoon of the drippings in the pan.
- Add the ground beef to the bacon drippings in the pan and season with steak or hamburger seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook until no pink remains. Drain well and set aside.
- Drizzle the pizza dough with ketchup and yellow mustard. Sprinkle with ½ shredded cheese.
- Top with the cooked ground beef and crumbled bacon. Drizzle the meat with ketchup and yellow mustard.
- Arrange the sliced onion and dill pickle chips then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until the crust is golden. Slice and serve.