Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza – It’s no secret how much Americans love cheeseburgers. This bacon cheeseburger pizza is a fun way to enjoy those same lovable flavors in a slightly different variation. Generally I make this bacon cheeseburger pizza when I’m out of hamburger rolls and the family is ready to eat. To avoid a trip to the store out comes pizza dough for a quick meal fix. It never ceases to amaze me the interest that’s generated simply by serving an all-time favorite in a different shape. It seems to always pique people’s curiosity. Pair this scrumptious pizza with a green salad and it’s mealtime in no-time.
Ingredients you’ll need:
1 loaf Rhodes White Bread, thawed to room temperature
4 slices bacon
8 oz extra lean ground beef
1 tsp hamburger seasoning
salt and black pepper to taste
1/3 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
16 pickle slices, pat dry
1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided
See this on Rhodes Bread Website here
- 1 loaf Rhodes White Bread, thawed to room temperature
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 oz extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp hamburger seasoning
- salt and black pepper to taste
- yellow mustard
- ⅓ cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 16 pickle slices, pat dry
- 1½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a medium-size skillet cook the bacon until crispy then remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Reserve 2 Tbsp of the drippings in the pan.
- Add the ground beef to the bacon drippings in the pan and season with 1 tsp hamburger seasoning. salt and black pepper to your taste. Cook until no pink remains. Drain well and set aside.
- Lightly spray a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Press the thawed room temperature dough evenly into the pizza pan.
- Drizzle the dough with ketchup and yellow mustard. Sprinkle with ½ of the shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Top with the cooked ground beef and crumbled bacon.
- Drizzle the meat with ketchup and yellow mustard.
- Arrange the sliced onion and dill pickle chips on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top.
- Brush the edges of the dough with olive oil.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the edges are golden