Toffee Apple Pizza
After having a playdate party at our house, when I asked what they’d like to eat the consensus was unanimous. Pizza. Searching in my pantry to see what I could come up with for dessert a light bulb went off. Why just have pizza for the entrée, why not for dessert too? I happened to have all of these ingredients on hand and so it went. Toffee Apple dessert pizza came to life.
Toffee Apple Pizza Tips and More Apple Desserts to Try
Caramel and apples were a match made in heaven, and I love the look on my friends faces when I pull this out for dessert.
- This pizza can be into any shape you like but I made it into the shape of a rectangle.
- If you prefer, it can be made into a circle to resemble a pie.
- Refrigerated pizza dough works like a charm for this recipe. If you prefer, you can make your own pizza dough. Think thin crust pizza, and homemade may take longer to bake.
- A can of dulce de leche found on the Hispanic foods aisle is perfection for this pizza. If you’re unable to find it go for a caramel that’s thick not thin like a caramel syrup. See how to make your own dulce de leche in a slow cooker.
- You can serve this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream or all on it’s own.
- Other apple recipes to try easy Cider Glazed Apple Dumplings with vanilla ice cream, puff pastry wrapped Apple Strudel.
- You may also like these Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs from i am baker.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Toffee Apple Pizza
Servings: 12 slices
- 1 11 oz can thin crust refrigerated pizza dough i.e. Pillsbury
- 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cored and thinly sliced
- 1 14 oz can dulce de leche OR 1 cup caramel apple dip i.e. Marzetti's
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll pizza dough onto the parchment paper and roughly form a 13 x 8 inch rectangle OR press into a 14 inch circle on a pizza pan..
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of crushed vanilla wafers, brown sugar, butter and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, warm the dulce de leche OR apple dip in 15 second increments until it's a pouring consistency. Be careful not to get it too thin.
- Spread 1/2 cup of caramel over the crust.
- Layer the apple slices side by side, over the caramel, then sprinkle the sliced almonds and toffee bits over the apples.
- Drizzle the remaining 1/2 cup of caramel over the apples, and sprinkle the crumb mixture on top.
- Bake for 12-115 minutes at 400°F.
- The caramel becomes extremely hot while baking. Allow the pizza to rest on the counter for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
For party size, cut the pizza into squares, then cut the squares diagonally through the middle to from a triangle.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 66mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 109IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg