Toffee Apple Pizza
Servings 12 -14 slices
- 1 11 oz can thin crust refrigerated pizza dough [such as Pillsbury] or 1 lb homemade pizza dough
- 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup caramel apple dip divided [I used Marzetti's]
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto the parchment paper and roughly form an 8 x 13 inch rectangle.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of crushed vanilla wafers, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of melted butter with 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, then set aside.
- Use a sharp knife and cut the apple into quarters and core, then slice into thin slices.
- In a microwave safe bowl, warm the caramel apple dip in 15 second increments until it's a pouring consistency. Be careful not to get it too thin.
- Spread 1/2 cup of caramel over the crust.
- Layer the apple slices side by side, over the caramel, then sprinkle the sliced almonds and toffee bits over the apples.
- Drizzle the remaining 1/2 cup of caramel over the apples, and sprinkle the crumb mixture on top.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes at 400°F.
- The caramel becomes extremely hot while baking, so, allow the pizza to rest on the counter for 10 minutes before serving.
For party size, cut the pizza into squares, then cut the squares diagonally through the middle to from a triangle.