Quick and simple weekday meal ideas like this Barbecue Chicken And Bacon Pizza are always in popular demand. It's a testament of the busy lives we all lead. This simple pizza starts with prepared pizza dough that's topped with sweet and spicy barbecue sauce, rotisserie chicken, crumbled bacon, onion, pickled jalapenos and fresh cilantro. As always, it's finished with melted cheese for the imperative"goo" factor.
I rarely leave my local Costco without a juicy rotisserie chicken. Prepared chickens can be a busy Mom's best friend for quick weeknight meals. This barbecue chicken and bacon pizza is not new to my family, it's one of our all-time favorites. It falls into the category of "easy no fuss meals." Add a fresh salad and voila, dinner in under 30 minutes.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Barbecue Chicken And Bacon Pizza
- 1 [1 lb] round of homemade pizza dough or [13.4] oz tube refrigerated pizza dough [i.e. Pillsbury Classic]
- ⅔ cup prepared barbecue sauce your favorite
- 1 ½ cups rotisserie chicken roughly chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked & crumbled
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 12 slices pickled jalapeno peppers more or less to taste
- 1 ½ cups shredded Colby-Jack Cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Garlic salt & Black pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Shape the dough into a 9x13 inch rectangle. Spread ⅓ cup bbq sauce over the pizza crust.
- Arrange the chicken, onion, jalapeno slices and bacon crumbles on top. Season with garlic salt and black pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with Colby-Jack cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden. Garnish with chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot.