Homemade pizza dough really isn't hard to make and it makes for a fabulous, fun interactive cooking event. After making this delicious dough in advance, I like to set-up a pizza toppings bar with a variety of different sauces, chopped vegetables, meats and shredded cheese and let everyone get in on the pizza making fun. This homemade pizza dough is my "go to" and it always works.
Tips For Making Homemade Pizza Dough
- I used bread flour for this pizza dough recipe because of the crunch it gives to the crust. If you prefer a more chewy texture you can substitute all purpose flour in the same amount.
- To make this pizza dough, you'll need two ¼ ounce packets of rapid rise yeast. The equivalent of 2 ¼ teaspoon for each packet.
- When I'm planning a friends and family movie night I like to make several batches in advance then cover and chill. Even when the dough is chilled in the refrigerator it will continue to slowly rise.
- To separate, punch the dough down to release the air pockets then divide using a pastry cutter or a sharp knife.
- Give each person a piece of pizza dough and let everyone top their own pizza the way they want. It's a lot of fun and it gets the kids involved, too.
Expect lots of chatter, laughter and mishaps, it comes with the territory, but it's worth it. Make your own Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce, too.
Other Pizza Recipes to Add to the Menu
Pizza is always a winner no matter when you serve it, It's the kind of tummy filling food that the kiddos always flock to. Other recipes to try:
- Yummy Bacon Cheeseburger Pizzas
- Tasty Sausage and Egg Breakfast Pizza
- Sweet Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Super easy Easy Low Carb Pan Pizza from All Day I Dream About Food
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 5 cup bread flour
- 2 ¼ oz envelopes rapid rise yeast (i.e. Two ¼ oz packets)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 cup warm water 110-115°F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix together bread flour, dry yeast, salt and sugar.
- While the mixer is running, drizzle in 2 cups of warm water mixed with 2 tablespoon olive oil. If needed add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough is fully moistened. Knead until the dough comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn onto a non stick surface and by hand knead 8-10 times or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Return to the bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Turn to coat all sides. Cover and allow to rise for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Divide the dough in half. Press each half onto a 16 inch pizza pan and top with your favorite pizza toppings. (May refrigerate dough for up to 3 days)
- Bake assembled pizzas in a preheated 450°F oven for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- To make this pizza dough, you'll need two ¼ ounce packets of rapid rise yeast. The equivalent of 2 ¼ teaspoon for each packet called for in the recipe.