This post brought to you by White Lily Flour
These Cheddar Bacon Buttermilk Drop Biscuits are a cinch to make because instead of rolling and cutting them into rounds, an ice cream scoop is used to divide the dough. They’re filled with cheddar cheese and lots of crumbled bacon. Baking them in a cast iron skillet, gives them crisp golden bottoms and soft, golden tops.
Easy Cheddar Bacon Buttermilk Drop Biscuits Recipe
How to Make the BEST Cheddar Bacon Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Cheddar Bacon Buttermilk Drop Biscuits: Self rising flour, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, cooked and crumbled bacon, paprika or cayenne, butter and buttermilk.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Medium bowl, pastry blender, measuring cups and spoons, skillet for cooking the bacon, sharp knife and cutting board, cast iron skillet or similar for baking and an ice cream scoop.
- These biscuits can be made into any size you like. That being said, smaller biscuits will take less time to bake and large biscuits will take longer. I use a 1/4 cup scoop for the biscuits in this recipe.
- When dividing the biscuit dough, the main thing to consider is that it remains uniform for even baking.
- You could adapt the cheese using another variety of cheese that you enjoy.
- You can make the bacon one day in advance and have it ready to go to save time.
- To lighten the calories, use turkey bacon and light cheese. You can also adapt using light butter.
- These Cheddar Bacon Buttermilk Drop Biscuits are best baked and enjoyed. Should you have some leftover, wrap in foil and store chilled for up to 2 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Southern Buttermilk Biscuits Recipes to Make
- You’ll love these classic Fluffy Southern Buttermilk Biscuits at any meal.
- Ham and Cheese Biscuits are a terrific use for leftover holiday ham.
- 3 Ingredients Biscuits are super easy to make!
- This Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit Braid can be sliced and served in one fell swoop.
- Serve these Cornmeal Buttermilk Biscuits with chili, soup or pinto beans.
- Sweet Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits.
- Cheddar Sausage Biscuits are perfect for grab and go breakfasts on the run.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of White Lily Flour as a 2015 Brand Ambassador. The opinion and text are all mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share brands with you that I enjoy. ~ Melissa
Cheddar Bacon Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
- 2 cup White Lily Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed, plus 2 Tbsp melted
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika or cayenne
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a medium size mixing bowl. cut the butter into the flour and paprika until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in the bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. Make a well in the center and add 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Mix with a fork adding more buttermilk until it forms a soft dough and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Brush the sides and bottom of a 10-inch cast iron skillet with melted butter, reserving some butter to brush the tops. Use a 4 oz ice cream scoop to divide the dough. Place into the skillet side by side. Brush the tops with melted butter.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the tops are golden. Serve hot.