These Stuffed Ham Egg and Cheese Biscuits have a delightful surprise hidden inside. Stuffed with scrambled eggs and smoked ham they’re held together with the tastiest edible “glue” aka cheddar cheese, that you’ll ever eat. Baking them side by side results in golden tops and a soft fluffy interior that makes them impossible to resist.
Easy Stuffed Ham Egg and Cheese Biscuits Recipe
Homemade stuffed breakfast biscuits are a weekend favorite at our house. As you can imagine, you can fill them with a plethora of egg, protein and cheese combinations, but it seems the most simple combos remain the most requested. There is nothing that compares to a homemade biscuit. Quite often I have people contact me saying they’ve tried to make homemade biscuits with no success asking what could they be doing wrong? The truth is, there are many variables when it comes to bread making. Factors include quality of ingredients, the amount of moisture in the air and how your oven performs. It takes practice in all sincerity, so don’t give up you can master cream biscuits. How to make simple Stuffed Ham and Egg Biscuits:
- Flour – Self rising flour.
- Eggs – Six large eggs.
- Milk – Whole milk to scramble the eggs. Heavy Cream for the biscuit dough.
- Seasonings – Salt and black pepper.
- Ham – Fully cooked smoked ham.
- Cheese – Thick sliced colby-jack or cheddar cheese.
- Butter – salted or unsalted butter, melted.
How to Make the Best Stuffed Ham Egg and Cheese Biscuits Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Stuffed Ham Egg and Cheese Biscuits: Self rising flour, heavy cream, large eggs, butter, diced ham, thick sliced cheddar or colby jack cheese, salt and black pepper.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A skillet, whisk, measuring cups and spoons, medium bowl, biscuit cutter, rolling pin, sharp knife and cutting board, pastry brush and cast iron skillet or similar size oven safe skillet or baking pan.
- How do you make Stuffed Ham Egg and Cheese Biscuits? First, scramble the eggs seasoning them with salt and black pepper to your taste. Next, make the quick biscuit dough and cut it into rounds. Roll the dough rounds into a 6 inch circle then fill the centers with scrambled eggs, diced ham and sliced cheese. Fold the biscuit dough over the filling and place seam side down in a skillet for baking.
- Keep in mind when making these biscuits, that fresh dough is sticky by nature. To prevent sticking, it’s important to flour the rolling pin, the biscuit cutter and the rolling surface lightly to prevent the dough from sticking to surfaces.
- To make these stuffed biscuits, I cut them into 5 inch rounds as that’s the largest cookie cutter that I had handy. Then you gently roll each dough round with a floured rolling pin until they’re around 6 inches so their bigger for stuffing.
- After filling and sealing the biscuit dough, use your hands to shape them into even sized rounds, and place seam side down in the buttered skillet.
- When you bake biscuits side by side in the skillet in this way, the tops become golden and crispy and the inside stays fluffy and light. Plus, they need to be similar in size for even baking.
- These biscuits reheat nicely, making them perfect for weekend brunches or any day you want to serve breakfast with a surprise hidden inside.
- Store Stuffed Ham Egg and Cheese Biscuits chilled in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat gently in the microwave in single serving portions.
More Biscuit Recipes to Add to Make
More Southern biscuit recipes and biscuit variations you may also like to make:
- Easy Drop Biscuits require only two ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make.
- Cornmeal Buttermilk Biscuits are prefect for busy mornings.
- Sweet glazed Honey Butter Biscuits are spectacular served warm stuffed with ham.
- Jam filled Thimble Biscuits can be filled with your favorite flavor of jelly or jam.
- Country Ham and Cheese Biscuits Bites are an appetizer everyone will love.
- A holiday brunch bake Sausage Egg and Cheese Hash Brown Biscuit Bake.
- Cheddar Sage Biscuits from Two Peas and their Pod.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Stuffed Ham Egg and Cheese Biscuits
- 6 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp milk or cream
- salt and black pepper
- 3 cup self rising flour
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz smoked ham cubed
- 12 thick slices colby-jack or cheddar cheese, cut in half
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Brush the bottom and sides of a 12-inch cast iron skillet or similar with melted butter. Set aside.
- Beat together 6 large eggs with 3 Tbsp milk or cream. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Soft scramble then set aside to cool while you prepare the biscuit dough.
- Use a fork to combine the self-rising flour and cream until the flour is fully moistened. It may appear crumbly but should hold together when pressed between your fingers.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured non-stick surface. Knead a few times until the dough comes together.
- Flour a rolling pin and roll to around 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 6-inch rounds. Re-roll scraps as needed to make 12 total.
- Place 1/2 slice of cheese in the middle of the dough round, top with 2 Tbsp scrambled eggs, 1 Tbsp ham cubes and the other half slice cheese.
- Pinch the dough around the filling. Place seam side down side by side in the skillet.
- Brush the tops with melted butter them bake for 18 minutes at 375°F. Increase to 425°F and bake for another 5 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Serve immediately, brushed with additional butter, if desired