These Stuffed Ham Egg And Cheese Biscuits have a delightful surprise hidden inside. Stuffed with scrambled eggs and smoked ham they're held together with the tastiest edible "glue" aka cheddar cheese, that you'll ever eat. Baking them side by side results in golden tops and a soft fluffy interior that makes them impossible to resist.
2 Ingredients Is All You Need To Make The Biscuit Dough And Tips For Success
Homemade stuffed breakfast biscuits are a weekend favorite at our house. As you can imagine, you can fill them with a plethora of egg, protein and cheese combinations but, it seems the most simple combos remain the most requested. Cream drop biscuits require only 2 ingredients and couldn't be easier to make. There is nothing that compares to a homemade biscuit. Quite often I have people contact me saying they've tried to make homemade biscuits with no success asking what could they be doing wrong? The truth is, there are many variables when it comes to bread making. Factors include quality of ingredients, the amount of moisture in the air and how your oven performs. It takes practice in all sincerity, so don't give up you can master cream biscuits.
Biscuit Making Tips
Keep in mind that fresh dough is sticky by nature. That said, it's important to flour the rolling pin, biscuit cutter and rolling surface lightly to prevent sticking. For these biscuits, I cut them into 5-inch rounds as that's the largest cookie cutter that I had handy. Then gently rolled each round with the rolling pin until they're around 6 inches will be ample for stuffing. After filling and sealing the biscuit dough, use your hands to shape then place seam side down in the buttered skillet. When you bake biscuits this way, the tops become golden and crispy and the inside stays fluffy and light. They reheat nicely, too. Perfect for weekend brunch or any day you want to serve breakfast with a surprise inside.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Stuffed Ham Egg And Cheese Biscuits
- 6 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp milk or cream
- salt and black pepper
- 3 cup self rising flour
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz smoked ham cubed
- 12 thick slices colby-jack or cheddar cheese, cut in half
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Brush the bottom and sides of a 12-inch cast iron skillet or similar with melted butter. Set aside.
- Beat together 6 large eggs with 3 Tbsp milk or cream. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Soft scramble then set aside to cool while you prepare the biscuit dough.
- Use a fork to combine the self-rising flour and cream until the flour is fully moistened. It may appear crumbly but should hold together when pressed between your fingers.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured non-stick surface. Knead a few times until the dough comes together.
- Flour a rolling pin and roll to around ¼-inch thickness. Cut into 6-inch rounds. Re-roll scraps as needed to make 12 total.
- Place ½ slice of cheese in the middle of the dough round, top with 2 Tbsp scrambled eggs, 1 Tbsp ham cubes and the other half slice cheese.
- Pinch the dough around the filling. Place seam side down side by side in the skillet.
- Brush the tops with melted butter them bake for 18 minutes at 375°F. Increase to 425°F and bake for another 5 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Serve immediately, brushed with additional butter, if desired