These gooey Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells with Alfredo Sauce have all the makings of a weekday feast. They’re the perfect opportunity to use rotisserie chicken, or any leftover chicken, to transform it into another meal. It’s a family friendly way to stretch your grocery dollars and keep your budget on track.
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells Recipe
Pasta dishes are a hot favorite in my kitchen. I love to assemble these, or any, stuffed shells in advance, then cover and chill. On a busy day I can pull them out of the fridge top them with Alfredo sauce and mozzarella cheese, then bake. While they’re baking I have time to put a salad and garlic bread together. A terrific time saver, and budget friendly too. On Italian night or an night when you’re in the mood for pasta these Chicken And Broccoli Stuffed Shells With Alfredo Sauce will do the trick. See how to make homemade Alfredo sauce here.
How to Make the Best Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells: One 12 ounce box jumbo pasta shells, chopped rotisserie, roasted or poached chicken, bottled peppercorn ranch dressing (trust me on this it’s delicious!) chive and onion cream cheese, steamed broccoli, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, granulated garlic, salt, black pepper, shredded mozzarella or Italian blend of cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, one jar of alfredo sauce and chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnishing.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A large mixing bowl, sharp knife and cutting board, cheese grater, large rubber spatula or spoon for stirring, measuring cups and spoons and a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- You can make your own alfredo sauce for these stuffed shells using the sauce in my recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo.
- While using prepared Ranch dressing may sound outside of the box, it results in a delicious seasoning for the chicken and broccoli filling in the pasta shells. You can use a classic Ranch in the peppercorn isn’t readily available.
- These shells can be assembled one day in advance, covered and chilled until baking. Allow 15 minutes or so on the counter to allow them to come to room temperature and adjust the baking time as needed.
- Store leftover Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Stuffed Shells Recipes to Make
Pasta is a cost effective choice that can really stretch the grocery budget and fill hungry tummies, too. More pasta inspiration you may like to try:
- Easy Stuffed Shells Recipe is filled with a mouthwatering cheese blend for those meatless dinner days.
- Beef and Spinach Stuffed Shells can be assembled in advance and chilled, having them ready to bake when you’re ready to eat.
- Easy Italian Sausage Stuffed Manicotti recipe shows you my trick for making the assembly much easier.
- Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells from the Salty Marshmallow
- Any of these stuffed shells pasta dishes are sure to thrill your family and friends any day of the week.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Shells
- 1 12 oz box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 cup prepared peppercorn ranch or ranch dressing
- 4 oz onion and chive cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken chopped
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 16 oz jar prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook the jumbo shells in salted water per the package directions until al dente. Drain well and cool enough to handle.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whip together the prepared ranch dressing, softened cream cheese, dry Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes until fully combined.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese. chopped chicken, broccoli florets and 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese Mix by hand until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Add granulated garlic, salt and black pepper. Mix well. (Adjust amount of salt and pepper to your taste.)
- Use a tablespoon to divide the filling between the shells, Place side by side in the baking dish.
- Drizzle with Alfredo sauce and sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with chopped Italian parsley and serve immediately.