This classic Fettuccine Alfredo is a cinch to make. Serve al dente fettuccine with a drizzle of the decadent sauce for a taste of Italy at your own kitchen table.
Top cooked fettuccine with this simple Alfredo sauce and create a Fettuccine Alfredo feast. This decadent sauce takes so few ingredients to make and will make a bowl of pasta come to life. Named after it’s creator, Alfredo sauce is a classic white cheese sauce that makes pasta sing with its rich and creamy texture. This recipe for classic Fettuccine Alfredo features classic alfredo sauce that you can whip-up in minutes while the fettucine is cooking.
Tips for Making the Best Alfredo Sauce
Alfredo is not a low calorie or low fat sauce but then again, we all know this. It’s beloved for its rich buttery texture and the salty bite from the Parmesan cheese. While it is simple to make there are a couple of things to consider.
- When a recipe requires only a few ingredients they should be the very best ingredients you can afford to use. That said, I would never dream of making this sauce for Fettuccine Alfredo with Parmesan cheese from a can. It has to be fresh. Reason? Well for one, the texture will not be smooth if using the canned cheese. It gives a grainy texture to the Alfredo sauce that no amount of cooking and whisking will remove so, definitely grate your own fresh Parmesan.
- Secondly, if you have leftovers, reheat them gently if using the microwave. Dealing with cream, butter and fresh cheese requires a little love but, if does reheat well and can be made in advance, if needed. Don’t forget the dash or two of nutmeg to make it truly decadent.
Once you make this Alfredo sauce yourself, you’ll be an Alfredo connoisseur and your family and friends will be SO impressed. If you’d like to try it with the addition of seafood checkout this recipe for Easy Shrimp Alfredo from Bread, Booze and Bacon.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- dash gound nutmeg
- black or white pepper to taste
- 1 lb fettuccine cooked to al dente
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil. Immediately lower the heat to a simmer stirring constantly.
- Cook for 7 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the grated Parmesan cheese, dash of nutmeg and black or white pepper to your taste. Stir until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve immediately tossed with the cooked fettuccine and a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.