Beef and Spinach Stuffed Shells Recipe
Helpful Tips for Making Stuffed Shells
- See also my Parade article featuring 15 Stuffed Shells Recipes We Can't Live Without.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Beef and Spinach Stuffed Shells
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 15 oz box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 medium onion diced
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes rinsed
- 1 Tbsp prepared basil pesto
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz light whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend divided
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce i.e. Bertolli 5 Cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the shells per the instructions on the box in salted water until al dente, then drain and cool slightly.
- In a stove top pan, saute the chopped onion in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, until translucent. Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until no pink remains. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain excess fat from the pan. Add the sun dried tomatoes, pesto, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes to the ground beef. Stir until combined.
- Add the whipped cream cheese, ricotta cheese spinach Simmer on low heat for 2 minute or just until melted. Taste and adjust salt and black pepper to your taste. Remove from the heat.
- Add egg, 1 cup of Italian cheese blend and ⅓ cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Stir thoroughly.
- Fill shells using a tablespoon then place side by side, seam side up in the dish. Drizzle the tops with the marinara sauce.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Place the remaining shredded cheese on top five minutes before the end of baking.
- Serve immediately garnished with parsley.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 267mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 1mg