Beef And Spinach Stuffed Shells
- 1 15 oz box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 medium onion diced
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes rinsed
- 1 Tbsp prepared basil pesto
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz light whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce i.e. Bertolli 5 Cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the shells per the instructions on the box in salted water until al dente, then drain and cool slightly.
- In a stove top pan, saute the chopped onion in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, until translucent. Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until no pink remains. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain excess fat from the pan. Add the sun dried tomatoes, pesto, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes to the ground beef. Stir until combined.
- Add the whipped cream cheese, ricotta cheese spinach Simmer on low heat for 2 minute or just until melted. Taste and adjust salt and black pepper to your taste. Remove from the heat.
- Add egg, 1 cup of Italian cheese blend and 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Stir thoroughly.
- Fill shells using a tablespoon then place side by side, seam side up in the dish. Drizzle the tops with the marinara sauce.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Place the remaining shredded cheese on top five minutes before the end of baking.
- Serve immediately garnished with parsley.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!