This Mozzarella Cheese Garlic Bread is the perfect use for one of those large fluffy loaves of bread found regularly in the Supermarket bakery. It's seasoned and filled with gooey cheese making it ideal for serving as an appetizer or as a side dish with your next Italian inspired meal.
Easy Mozzarella Cheese Garlic Bread Recipe
I am convinced I could write an entire cookbook with different recipes and uses for Italian and French bread. The options are endless, and all you have to do is put out bread and butter and it's guaranteed everyone is going to be reaching for a taste. This loaf was on sale today and I brought it home with plans to turn it into something marvelous. The remaining ingredients I keep as standard pantry items in my fridge so, it wasn't hard to transform my find into a cheese filled masterpiece.
How to Make the Best Mozzarella Cheese Garlic Bread Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Mozzarella Cheese Garlic Bread: One large 16 ounce loaf of Italian bread, butter, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, dry Italian seasoning, grated Parmesan cheese and sliced Mozzarella cheese.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: Mixing bowl, sharp knife and chopping board, cheese grater, large baking sheet for baking the garlic bread.
- This gooey bread is super simple to make. Simply cut on the bias along the loaf, then switch directions and cut again to the opposite end of the loaf. Voila. Diamonds appear and are ready to be stuffed with cheese and seasoned with Italian spices and grated Parmesan cheese.
- You can serve this bread as an appetizer with warm marinara or pizza sauce for dipping. It's equally delicious when served along with a meal. The choice is completely up to you.
- It's a terrific "communal" activity when you're entertaining as it tends to be an ice breaker when people are sharing a dish. The more gooey the cheese the better. You can even add more, if you like. At our house, cheese is similar to chocolate in there's no such thing as too much. Ever.
- Store leftover Mozzarella Cheese Garlic Bread tightly wrapped chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Cut into desired size sections and reheat gently in the microwave in single servings.
More Southern Style Bread Recipes to Make
Bread is universal in appeal. If you like bread making at home, checkout these recipes you may also like to try:
- Gooey Cheesy Garlic Loaf requires no bread making at all.
- Easy Homestyle Garlic Herb Bread can be made in a snap for a busy day meal.
- Tear and Share Cheesy Italian Bread Twists is made for dipping with warm pizza or marinara sauce.
- Garlic Parmesan Pull Apart Rolls is made using frozen bread rolls.
- Pepperoni Bread from Pastry Chef Online.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Mozzarella Cheese Garlic Bread
- 1 16 oz loaf Italian bread
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ teaspoon dry Italian seasoning or oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 slices mozzerella cheese quartered
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- Use a sharp knife cut approximately 1-inch slices on the diagonal across the bread. Repeat going the opposite direction to form diamonds.
- Melt butter and mix with the Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and garlic salt.
- Drizzle into the cut portions of the loaf reserving 2 tablespoon to brush on top.
- Sprinkle all over and between the cuts with the grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place cheese slices between each cut. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake for another 5-8 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Pull apart and serve immediately as is or with marinara sauce for dipping.