This stunning Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad recipe is a riff on a classic seven layer salad. It features layers of green leaf lettuce, peppers, sweet corn, tomatoes, onions, cheddar cheese, roast chicken and crumbled bacon. All dressed in a creamy homemade salad dressing. It's not only beautiful to look at, but serves as a meal all on it's own.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad Recipe
I absolutely love layer salads and often refer to them a edible centerpieces. This is especially true when the colorful ingredients are layered in a pretty see through trifle bowl or large decorative glass bowl. The sky's the limit with ingredient combinations and everyone seems to have their own version. In the warm summer months, I love serving this salad at picnics and in the winter it's a stellar option to enjoy with soup and warm garlic bread. Either way, this scrumptious salad is made for a crowd and it's sure to be the hit of your next get together.
How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad Recipe
- Can I make this layer salad in advance? Yes, you can. The layers were designed to allow you to make and assemble this salad one day in advance.
- What if I don't have a large bowl or trifle bowl? If you don't have a trifle bowl this chicken bacon ranch salad works extremely well in a 13 x 9-inch cake pan. You'll need to modify the layers a bit as you assemble them, but making it in a pan makes it easier to transport to outdoor events, family gatherings and office parties.
- What dressing is best for this layer salad? I recommend making a batch of my Avocado Lime Ranch dressing or Garlic and Herb Buttermilk dressing for this chicken bacon salad. Both will make an ample amount for using between the layers plus extra to serve on the side for those who want to spoon on a bit more.
- Can I use a bottle of prepared Ranch dressing for this salad? If you're in a hurry, a quality prepared dressing would work on this salad. Another option is to mix-up a packet of dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix according to the package directions and serve it for the dressing.
- Is this chicken bacon layered salad keto? This salad does include layers of diced tomatoes and shredded cheese. You could always adapt the layers according to your dietary needs to make it more low carb or keto friendly.
Other Tasty Entrée and Layered Salad Recipes to Add to the Menu
If you're a fan of salads checkout these delicious options for potlucks, picnics, holiday gatherings and casual meals. Other easy salad recipes you may want to make:
- Festive Frito Taco Salad
- Chicken Pasta Salad that can double as a side dish
- Italian Spaghetti Salad with Spinach
- Layered Southwestern Cheese Tortellini Salad is the best of both worlds
- Make-Ahead 7 Layer Salads in a Jar from That Skinny Chicken Can Bake
Pick-up your copy of my best selling cookbook here
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad
- 9 cups roughly chopped green leaf or romaine lettuce divided
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 large poblano or green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 12 oz frozen corn steamed and cooled
- 6 medium tomatoes 5 chopped and 1 sliced into wedges for garnish
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 cup roasted chicken roughly chopped
- 3 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 large hard boiled eggs cut into wedges
- Dressing See Recipe Notes for links to: Homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing or Garlic Herb Buttermilk Dressing
- Make Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing per the recipe here.
- To assemble: In a large trifle or glass bowl layer in this order: ⅓ lettuce, ½ red pepper, ½ poblano pepper, ⅓ corn, ½ tomatoes, ½ red onion, 1 cup cheese, ⅓ bacon and ½ chicken. Drizzle with ½ cup prepared dressing.
- Repeat, ⅓ lettuce, ½ red pepper, ½ poblano pepper, ⅓ corn, ½ tomatoes, ½ red onion, 1 cup cheese, ⅓ bacon and ½ chicken. Drizzle with ½ cup prepared dressing. (I recommend using Homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing)
- Top with the final ⅓ lettuce, ⅓ corn, ½ cup shredded cheese, ⅓ bacon and sliced green onion. Drizzle with ½ cup dressing drizzling around the edge. Arrange egg and tomato wedges on top to garnish.
- Chill for 4 hours, Serve with additional dressing on the side.
- Recipe for Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- Recipe for Garlic Herb Buttermilk Dressing
This looks very good please send me the website thank you
thanks for sharig this recipe … my son and wife liked so much..