This stunning Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad is a riff on a classic 7 layer salad. It features layers of green leaf lettuce, peppers, corn, tomatoes, onions, cheddar cheese, roast chicken and crumbled bacon. All dressed in a creamy homemade salad dressing. It's not only beautiful to look at, but it's a meal all on it's own.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad with Avocado Lime Ranch
I absolutely love layer salads and often refer to them a edible centerpieces. This is especially true when they're layered in a pretty see-though trifle bowl or large decorative glass bowl. There are so many variations and everyone seems to have their own version. In the summer I love serving this salad at picnics and in the winter with soup and warm garlic bread. Either way, this scrumptious salad is sure to be the hit of your next party or picnic. If you don't have a trifle bowl this chicken bacon ranch salad works extremely well in a 13 x 9-inch cake pan. You'll need to modify the layers a bit but, it makes it easier to transport to outdoor, church or office parties.
How Should You Dress This Salad?
I recommend making a batch of my Avocado Lime Ranch dressing or Garlic and Herb Buttermilk dressing for this salad. Both will make an ample amount for using between the layers plus extra to serve on the side for those who want a bit more. If you're in a hurry, a quality prepared dressing would work on this salad or mix-up a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix and serve it for the dressing.
Other Tasty Entrée Salad Recipes to Try
If you're a fan of salads some other recipes you may want to consider:
- Festive Frito Taco Salad
- Chicken Pasta Salad that can double as a side dish
- Italian Spaghetti Salad with Spinach
- Layered Southwestern Cheese Tortellini Salad is the best of both worlds
- Make-Ahead 7 Layer Salads in a Jar from That Skinny Chicken Can Bake
Pick-up your copy of my best selling cookbook here
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad
- 9 cups roughly chopped green leaf or romaine lettuce divided
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 large poblano or green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 12 oz frozen corn steamed and cooled
- 6 medium tomatoes 5 chopped and 1 sliced into wedges for garnish
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 cup roasted chicken roughly chopped
- 3 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 large hard boiled eggs cut into wedges
- Dressing See Recipe Notes for links to: Homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing or Garlic Herb Buttermilk Dressing
- Make Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing per the recipe here.
- To assemble: In a large trifle or glass bowl layer in this order: ⅓ lettuce, ½ red pepper, ½ poblano pepper, ⅓ corn, ½ tomatoes, ½ red onion, 1 cup cheese, ⅓ bacon and ½ chicken. Drizzle with ½ cup prepared dressing.
- Repeat, ⅓ lettuce, ½ red pepper, ½ poblano pepper, ⅓ corn, ½ tomatoes, ½ red onion, 1 cup cheese, ⅓ bacon and ½ chicken. Drizzle with ½ cup prepared dressing. (I recommend using Homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing)
- Top with the final ⅓ lettuce, ⅓ corn, ½ cup shredded cheese, ⅓ bacon and sliced green onion. Drizzle with ½ cup dressing drizzling around the edge. Arrange egg and tomato wedges on top to garnish.
- Chill for 4 hours, Serve with additional dressing on the side.