This stunning Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad is a riff on a classic 7 layer salad. It features layers of green leaf lettuce, peppers, corn, tomatoes, onions, cheddar cheese, roast chicken and crumbled bacon. All dressed in a creamy homemade salad dressing. It’s not only beautiful to look at but it’s a meal all on it’s own. In the summer I love serving it at picnics and in the winter with soup and warm garlic bread.
This Salad Is A Prime Example Of My Love Of Layered Salads
I absolutely love layer salads and often refer to them a edible centerpieces especially when made in a trifle bowl or large glass bowl. There are so many variations like this classic Seven-Layer Salad, and Easy Rainbow Layer Salad. Perhaps the occasion calls for a dressed-up main dish salad like this Avocado Shrimp Cobb or Tex-Mex Cobb Salad. You can even pack healthy layer salads in mason jars to tote to work or on picnics or give them an Asian twist for a change. If you don’t have a trifle bowl this chicken bacon ranch salad works extremely well in a 9 x 13-inch cake pan and which also makes it easier to transport to outdoor, church or office parties. In that case you would need to modify the layers a bit using your best judgement.
How Should You Dress This Salad?
I recommend making a batch of my Avocado Lime Ranch dressing or Garlic & Herb Buttermilk dressing for this salad. Both will make an ample amount for using between the layers plus extra to serve on the side for those who want a bit more. If you’re in a hurry, a quality prepared dressing would work on this salad or mix-up a packet of Hidden Valley and serve it for the dressing. This scrumptious salad is sure to be the hit of your next party or picnic.
Some Other Tasty Ways To Make Entree Salads
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Pick-up your copy of my best selling cookbook here
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad
- 9 cups roughly chopped green leaf or romaine lettuce divided
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 large poblano or green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 12 oz frozen corn steamed and cooled
- 6 medium tomatoes 5 chopped and 1 sliced into wedges for garnish
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 cup roasted chicken roughly chopped
- 3 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 large hard boiled eggs cut into wedges
- Dressing See Recipe Notes
- In a large trifle or glass bowl layer in this order: 1/3 lettuce, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 poblano pepper, 1/3 corn, 1/2 tomatoes, 1/2 red onion, 1 cup cheese, 1/3 bacon and 1/2 chicken. Drizzle with 1/2 cup prepared dressing.
- Repeat, 1/3 lettuce, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 poblano pepper, 1/3 corn, 1/2 tomatoes, 1/2 red onion, 1 cup cheese, 1/3 bacon and 1/2 chicken. Drizzle with 1/2 cup prepared dressing.
- Top with the final 1/3 lettuce, 1/3 corn, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, 1/3 bacon and sliced green onion. Drizzle with 1/.2 cup dressing drizzling around the edge. Arrange egg and tomato wedges on top to garnish.
- Chill for 4 hours, Serve with additional dressing on the side.