This homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing is unbelievably delicious! Inspired by a salad dressing at Chick-fil-A that I enjoy, but made better using fresh ingredients. I serve this avocado-lime ranch dressing as a salad dressing, as a dip or drizzled over tacos. Incredibly versatile and insanely delicious.
Homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing Recipe
How to Make the Best Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing Recipe
This homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing isn’t limited only to salads. You can use it as a dipping sauce for tortilla chips, drizzled on tacos, burgers, grilled chicken, pork and beyond. Try using it for a dip with vegetables or as a sauce for seafood.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make easy Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing: One avocado, mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream, diced onion, fresh cilantro, serrano pepper, lime juice, cumin, garlic, salt, Mexican oregano, sugar, black pepper and dark chili powder.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A sharp knife and cutting board, a stand blender, measuring cups and spoons and a mason jar or airtight container for storing the dressing.
- You really don’t need high-end equipment to make this salad dressing. A stand blender or food processor is ideal and can whip-up the ingredients with very little effort in a matter of minutes.
- For the most robust flavor, store it tightly sealed in the refrigerator for several hours prior to serving to allow the flavors to fully combine and come to life. It’s like a fiesta in a jar.
- This dressing can be made up to 3 days in advance of serving. It will keep for up to 5 days, possibly even longer, but due to the oxidation of the fresh avocado it will not keep it’s bright green color. Use it within 3-5 days for the best results.
More Southern Style Dressing and Sauce Recipes to Make
There’s nothing like whipping up a homemade salad dressing or sauce using ingredients you already have on hand. More easy recipes you may like to try:
- This mouthwatering Green Goddess Dressing can be served as a dip, too.
- Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing is delicious on a spinach salad with all the fixings.
- Garlic and Herb Buttermilk Dressing is creamy and delicious.
- Make your own Homestyle Cole Slaw Dressing.
- Copycat Chick fil A Sauce for dipping chicken, french fries and more.
- Thousand Island Dressing from Culinary Hill.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup sweet onion diced
- 1 serrano pepper seeded and rough chopped
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro rough chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp dark chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place the onion, Serrano pepper, garlic cloves, lime juice and cilantro into a blender. Pulse until chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Pulse until smooth. Add more buttermilk, if desired to thin.
- Store chilled for at least 4 hours before serving. May make up to 3 days in advance, shake well before serving. Serve as a dressing, condiment or dip.