This homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing is unbelievably delicious! Inspired by a salad dressing at Chick-fil-A that I enjoy, but made better using fresh ingredients. I serve this avocado-lime ranch dressing as a salad dressing, as a dip or drizzled over tacos. Incredibly versatile and insanely delicious.
Homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing Versus Store Bought Prepared Dressing
Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing is Quick and Packed with Flavor
- You really don't need high-end equipment to make this salad dressing. A stand blender or food processor is ideal and can whip-up the ingredients with very little effort in a matter of minutes.
- For the most robust flavor, store it tightly sealed in the refrigerator for several hours prior to serving to allow the flavors to fully combine and come to life. It's like a fiesta in a jar.
- This dressing can be made up to 3 days in advance of serving. It will keep for up to 5 days, possibly even longer but, due to the oxidation of the fresh avocado it will not keep it's bright green color. Use it within 3-5 days for the best results.
- Other dressings you may like from friends; Thousand Island Dressing from Culinary Hill and Homemade Italian Dressing from Carlsbad Cravings.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- ¼ cup sweet onion diced
- 1 serrano pepper seeded and rough chopped
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro rough chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp dark chili powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Place the onion, Serrano pepper, garlic cloves, lime juice and cilantro into a blender. Pulse until chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Pulse until smooth. Add more buttermilk, if desired to thin.
- Store chilled for at least 4 hours before serving. May make up to 3 days in advance, shake well before serving. Serve as a dressing, condiment or dip.