This Homemade Avocado Lime Ranch is unbelievably delicious! Inspired by a salad dressing at Chick-fil-A that I enjoy, but made better using fresh ingredients. I serve this avocado-lime ranch dressing as a salad dressing, as a dip or drizzled over tacos. Incredibly versatile and insanely delicious.
Homemade vs Store Bought Prepared Dressing
Quick And Packed With Flavor
Homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup sweet onion diced
- 1 Serrano pepper seeded and rough chopped
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro rough chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp dark chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place the onion, Serrano pepper, garlic cloves, lime juice and cilantro into a blender. Pulse until chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Pulse until smooth. Add more buttermilk, if desired to thin.
- Store chilled for at least 4 hours before serving. May make up to 3 days in advance, shake well before serving. Serve as a dressing, condiment or dip.