How to Make the Best Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe
While taking in all of the pre-race festivities, we like to enjoy special eats and drinks. Since the Kentucky Derby is typically held in early May, I like to serve my family friendly pine-apple lemonade spritzers. A grown-up drink would be a classic mint julep recipe from The Chunky Chef. Watching the race has become a fun family tradition that we look forward to each year, and this pie is on our must-have menu
- Ingredients you'll need to make this recipe for Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie: One 9 inch deep dish pie shell either frozen, refrigerated or homemade, Chopped pecans, chocolate chips. melted butter, bourbon, all purpose flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, large eggs and vanilla extract.
- To make your own pie crust, checkout my flaky pie crust recipe.
- What's the best bourbon to use? A Kentucky bourbon is my top choice for this pecan pie. That said, you can use any bourbon that you enjoy, of course.
- You can use milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips for this pie recipe. It really depends on the depth of chocolate flavor that you enjoy. I think semi-sweet works best.
- You can make and bake this chocolate bourbon pecan pie up to 2 days in advance. You can gently reheat single slices in the microwave just before serving.
- Serve this pie warm with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Store this Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie at room temperature for up to 4 days or chilled for up to 1 week.
More Southern Style Pies Cakes and Desserts to Make
- Southern Buttermilk Pie is delightfully creamy.
- Old Fashioned Banana Pudding features a homemade vanilla custard and meringue topping.
- Chocolate Chess Pie is a chocolate version of one of the most iconic pies of the South.
- Hummingbird Cake was made famous by Southern Living Magazine and remains a popular cake to make.
- Homemade Caramel Pie is rich and buttery.
- Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake packs a burst of citrus with every bite.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- 1 unbaked  inch deep dish pie shell frozen or homemade
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans or walnuts toasted
- 1 ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup salted butter melted cooled to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon Kentucky bourbon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together pecans, chocolate chips and flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cooled butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, bourbon, vanilla and eggs until fully blended. Add to pecans and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Pour evenly into pie crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, lay a piece of foil on top. Lower the oven temperature to 325°F. Continue to bake the pie for another 20-30 minutes or until the center of the pie is set when gently shaken. Cool on a cooling rack for 4 hours.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
- Store leftovers tightly covered at room temperature.
- Make your own pie crust using my Flaky Pie Crust recipe.
- If you need to prepare this pie ahead of time, it re-heats in the microwave beautifully.