July 29, 2011 updated September 4, 2020
Enjoy this insanely delicious whiskey infused Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie warm with a generous dollop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Easy Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe
This rich and fudgy Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie is a celebration pie ideal for serving during the holidays, for birthdays, special occasions and entertaining friends. The filling is a snap to make and it results in a sweet and nutty dessert. While this is a pecan pie, you could certainly swap out the pecan for walnuts, if that’s your pleasure. Enjoy it warm, chilled or at room temperature. How to make easy Chocolate Pecan Pie:
- Crust – One 9 inch deep dish pie crust. This can be a homemade crust, a quality frozen pie crust or a refrigerated crust. Please note: this pie bakes for around 1 hour. When using a frozen pie shell, there’s not need to thaw it first.
- Nuts – 1 cup roughly chopped, not finely chopped pecans.
- Filling – Bourbon, large eggs, all purpose flour, melted butter, semi sweet chocolate chips, vanilla extract, granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
- Topping – You can serve this pie warm with vanilla ice cream or at room temperature or chilled with whipped cream.
How to Make the BEST Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe for Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie: One 9 inch deep dish pie shell either frozen, refrigerated or homemade, Chopped pecans, chocolate chips. melted butter, bourbon, all purpose flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, large eggs and vanilla extract.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: One 9 inch deep dish pie pan or dish, two medium bowls, whisk, measuring cups and spoons, pie cutter and server.
- To make your own pie crust, checkout my flaky pie crust recipe.
- What’s the best bourbon to use? A Kentucky bourbon is my top choice for this pecan pie. That said, you can use any bourbon that you enjoy, of course.
- You can use milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips for this pie recipe. It really depends on the depth of chocolate flavor that you enjoy. I think semi-sweet works best.
- You can make and bake this chocolate bourbon pecan pie up to 2 days in advance. You can gently reheat single slices in the microwave just before serving.
- Serve this pie warm with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Store this Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie at room temperature for up to 4 days or chilled for up to 1 week.
More Southern Style Pies Cakes and Desserts to Make
If you’re looking for more classic Southern cake and pie recipes to make look no further, I’ve got you covered! Checkout these amazing recipes and add them to the dessert menu ASAP:
- Southern Buttermilk Pie is delightfully creamy.
- Old Fashioned Banana Pudding features a homemade vanilla custard and meringue topping.
- Chocolate Chess Pie is a chocolate version of one of the most iconic pies of the South.
- Hummingbird Cake was made famous by Southern Living Magazine and remains a popular cake to make.
- Lattice topped Peach Pie.
- Homemade Caramel Pie is rich and buttery.
- Hand held Easy Fried Apple Pies for those grab-n-go dessert moments.
- Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake packs a burst of citrus with every bite.
- Mini Cherry Pies from Food Network.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- 1 unbaked  inch deep dish pie shell frozen or homemade
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans toasted
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Kentucky bourbon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, toss together pecans, chocolate chips and flour.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together cooled butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, bourbon, vanilla and eggs until fully blended. Add to pecans and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Pour evenly into pie crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, lay a piece of foil on top. Lower the oven temperature to 325°F. Continue to bake the pie for another 20-30 minutes or until the center of the pie is set when gently shaken. Cool on a cooling rack for 4 hours.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
- Store leftovers tightly covered at room temperature.
- Make your own pie crust using my Flaky Pie Crust recipe.
- If you need to prepare this pie ahead of time, it re-heats in the microwave beautifully.