Enjoy this delicious whiskey infused Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie slightly warm with a generous dollop of vanilla ice cream on top. It doesn’t disappoint.
While taking in all of the pre-race festivities, we like to enjoy special eats and drinks. Since the Kentucky Derby is typically held in early May, I like to serve my family friendly pine-apple lemonade spritzers. A grown-up drink would be a classic mint julep recipe from The Chunky Chef. Watching the race has become a fun family tradition that we look forward to each year, and this pie is on our must-have menu.
Cook’s Notes for making Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie:
- If you need to prepare this pecan pie ahead of time, individual pieces re-heat gently in the microwave beautifully.
- You may use milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips for this pie, depending on the depth of chocolate flavor that you enjoy. Semi-sweet works best.
- To make your own pie crust, checkout my flaky pie crust recipe.
- Serve this pie warm with vanilla ice cream or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Servings: 8 -pieces
- 1 unbaked  inch deep dish pie shell frozen or homemade
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans or walnuts toasted
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Kentucky bourbon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together pecans, chocolate chips and flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cooled butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, bourbon, vanilla and eggs until fully blended. Add to pecans and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Pour evenly into pie crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, lay a piece of foil on top. Lower the oven temperature to 325°F. Continue to bake the pie for another 20-30 minutes or until the center of the pie is set when gently shaken. Cool on a cooling rack for 4 hours.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
- Store leftovers tightly covered at room temperature.
- Make your own pie crust using my Flaky Pie Crust recipe.
- If you need to prepare this pie ahead of time, it re-heats in the microwave beautifully.
First published on July 29th 2011