When peaches are in season it's the perfect time to make this homemade Peach Pie! You can serve it at room temperature with fresh whipped cream or warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Easy Peach Pie Recipe
The window for enjoying plump juicy peaches isn't long, so it's important to enjoy them while they're fresh sweet and readily available. How do you store fresh peaches? You can store them at room temperature or in an open paper bag with holes in it away from other fruit. Once they're ripe, you can lengthen the shelf life by popping them into the refrigerator and storing them chilled.
How to Make the Best Peach Pie Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Peach Pie: Once batch Flaky Pie Crust. You'll also need 6-7 large peaches, granulated sugar, lemon juice, peach juice, vanilla, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: One 9 or 10 inch deep dish pie pan, sharp knife and cutting board, peach pitter, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a pastry wheel or sharp knife and a pastry brush.
- I use my homemade Flaky Pie Crust recipe for this Peach Pie. You could use a package of refrigerated pie crusts for a shortcut. Please note, they are considerably thinner and you'll need to check the pie and lay a piece of foil on top to prevent over cooking halfway through baking. This will allow the peaches to bake until tender without over browning the pastry crust.
- How do you choose the best peaches? When choosing fresh peaches look for fruit thats' slightly soft but not mushy when gently squeezed. If the peach is super firm, it's not ready.
- The skin of the peach should be free of bruising and the shape of the peach should be round. It should have a dark yellow color and a sweet smell.
- You can freeze fresh peach slices easily. Clean thoroughly then remove the pit and slice them into desired size thickness. Place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet and flash freeze for several hours until firm. Package frozen peaches in a plastic freezer safe storage bag and use them however you wish. They'll keep for up to 2 months frozen.
- You can also blanch the peaches in hot water and peel, then chop the peaches.
- I prefer to leave the peel on the peaches for this pie recipe. You can remove the peel if that's your preference.
- The purpose of draining some of the juice from the peaches is to avoid the pie from becoming too watery. Reserve a couple of tablespoons to mix with the cornstarch along with the lemon juice.
- You can make the pie crust in advance and store chilled until you're ready to assemble the pie for baking.
- Store leftover peach pie chilled for up to 4 days. You can warm individual slices in the microwave for a few seconds or serve it chilled. Either way, vanilla ice cream or whipped cream is a must.
More Irresistible Peach Recipes to Make
- This Peaches and Cream Poke Cake is a stunner!
- Cool down with a big glass of Peach Ice Tea.
- Shake up your desserts menu with fresh Peach Shortcake.
- These Peach Scones are a sheer delight served with a cup of coffee or hot tea.
- Peach Pineapple Freezer Jam is delightful on biscuits, scones or toast.
- Serve this fresh Peach and Tomato Salsa with tortilla chips or use it as a condiment for pork and chicken.
- Peach Butter from A Family Feast.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1 batch Flaky Pie Crust Recipe
- 6-7 large peaches pitted and sliced ½ inch, peel intact
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus 1 Tbsp
- 2 tablespoon reserved peach juice
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Make the pie dough according to Flaky Pie Crust Recipe and chill.
- Place peach slices into a colander. Toss with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Let sit for 30-60 minutes, then drain juice reserving 2 Tbsp. (Place colander over a bowl to collect juice)
- Make the filling: In a medium size bowl, mix together peach slices and granulated sugar. Whisk reserved peach juice and lemon juice with cornstarch until dissolved. Add to peaches with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- To assemble: Heat oven to 425°F. Unwrap 1 pie crust disc. On a lightly floured surface, roll to roughly 12 inches in diameter. Lightly spray a 9 inch deep dish pie pan with cooking spray. Fit crust into pan pressing firmly onto bottom and sides, leaving 1 ½ inch overhang.
- Pour peach filling evenly into bottom crust.
- Roll out remaining crust on same lightly floured surface into roughly an 11 inch round. Use a pizza wheel to cut into 10-12 (½ inch) strips. Lay strips on top of blueberry filling according to length leaving even spacing between each strip.
- Weave alternating strips into a lattice pattern.Trim excess dough around edge evenly. Fold remaining crust under and tuck.
- Crimp the edge using the finger pinch method. Brush all over with heavy cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes then lower the oven temperature to 375°F. Cover edges with 2-3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning. Continue to bake for another 45-60 minutes or just until the top crust is golden brown.
- Cool on cooling rack at least 4 hours. Slice and serve with vanilla ice cream.