These Chocolate Toffee Cashew Clusters are filled with buttery toffee bits and scrumptious salted cashews all smothered in chocolate. It’s one of those oh-so-easy sweet treats that makes a tasty addition to your no-bake repertoire. Serve them at the holidays or any day you need a sweet fix in a hurry.
I can’t imagine who wouldn’t love the combination of chocolate, toffee and nuts. During the holidays when I make goodies for friends and neighbors, this is one of the candies that I typically include. However, these goodies are also fantastic for other special celebration days such as New Years, Valentine’s Day, Easter, birthdays or “just because” kinda days. We all have those occasionally, don’t we? For this recipe, I like to use a small amount of vegetable shortening to thin the chocolate just a bit and give the clusters their shine when they dry. If you have an aversion to this, coconut oil which will also stay solid at room temperature, can be used in it’s place. These chocolate toffee cashew clusters are special no doubt about it, and are sure to become a family favorite.
Chocolate Toffee Cashew Clusters
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening or coconut oil
- 3 cups salted cashews
- 1 1/4 cup toffee bits divided
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the chocolate chips and shortening. Melt on the 50% power setting in 30-45 second increments stopping to stir each cycle. Repeat until completely smooth.
- Use a non-stick spatula to mix in the cashews and 1 cup toffee bits. Mix until all of the nuts are covered.
- Spread wax paper on the kitchen counter or cover 2 standard baking sheets.
- Use a Tbsp to drop clusters onto the wax paper at least 1-inch apart. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining toffee bits while the chocolate is still wet.
- Allow to sit until hardened or refrigerate to set more quickly.
- Store tightly sealed chilled or at room temperature.
- If chilled, bring to room temperature for serving.