Quick candies don’t come any simpler than these Caramel Toffee Cashew Clusters. To make, caramel baking chips are mixed with white chocolate chips then melted together in the microwave until smooth. Stir in salted whole cashews and bits-o-brickle then use a tablespoon to drop in clusters on wax paper to set. The only difficult part in the whole process is waiting for them to harden enough to eat. Wrap them up and give them as gifts to friends and neighbors or add them to your small bite goodies menu for your next special occasion.
I know we often associate homemade gifts with the holidays but, I say why wait? There are many opportunities throughout the entire year to give a thoughtful and delicious treat to brighten someones day. It’s not only the thought but, the effort that it takes to do something memorable for someone else. It’s an act of kindness and one I love doing often. When I came across caramel baking chips on the baking aisle of my local grocery store, I truly thought I’d heard angles sing. While I’m fond of chocolate I’m completely sold out and in love with caramel. I’ve seen caramel chips sold as salted caramel and plain caramel. You can use either for this recipe with no other adjustments necessary.
These drop caramel toffee cashew clusters can be made up to one week in advance then kept at room temperature in an airtight container. If you choose to chill them, just bring them to room temperature before serving. Easy peasy and ideal for gift giving or gobbling them all up yourself.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Items used in the preparation of this recipe:
- 2 (10-oz) packages caramel baking chips
- 1 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 2 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- 2½ cups whole salted cashews
- 1 (8-oz) package bits-o-brickle English Toffee Bits, divided
- Line 2 large baking sheets with wax paper or a large dry space on your kitchen counter.
- Place the caramel and white chocolate chips plus vegetable shortening In a large microwave safe bowl. Use the melt function or melt at 50% power in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth.Mix well.
- Reserve ¼ cup toffee bits and set aside.
- Add the cashews and remaining toffee bits to the melted chips. Stir until equally distributed.
- Use a Tbsp or small ice cream scoop and drop into clusters on the wax paper. Sprinkle the tops with reserved toffee bits while wet.
- Allow to set for 30 minutes or until completely set.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.