These irresistible homemade Caramel Toffee Cashew Clusters will make a spectacular addition to your special occasion desserts menu. They can also be packaged and given as gifts to friends, teachers and neighbors or, add them to your small bites goodies menu for the holidays.
Caramel Toffee Cashew Clusters
I know we often associate homemade gifts with the holidays and rightly so. I say, why wait? There are many opportunities throughout the entire year to give a thoughtful and delicious treat to brighten someone's day. It's not only the thought but, the effort that it takes to do something memorable for someone else. It's an act of kindness and one I love doing often. When I came across caramel baking chips on the baking aisle of my local grocery store, I truly thought I'd heard angles sing. While I'm fond of chocolate I'm completely sold out and in love with caramel. I've seen caramel chips sold as salted caramel and plain caramel. You can use either for this recipe with no other adjustments necessary.
Easy Candies like these Caramel Toffee clusters Save the Day
To make, caramel baking chips are mixed with white chocolate chips then melted together in the microwave until smooth. Stir in salted whole cashews and bits-o-brickle then use a tablespoon to drop in clusters on wax paper to set. The only difficult part in the whole process is waiting for them to harden enough to eat.
- These drop caramel toffee cashew clusters can be made up to one week in advance then kept at room temperature in an airtight container.
- If you choose to chill them, just bring them to room temperature before serving. It doesn't get any easier than that.
- You may also want to try my recipes for Sweet and Salty Candy Clusters with peanuts and pretzels. Also, my Chocolate Drizzle Cashew Clusters pretty as a picture.
- You may also like this recipe for Pistachio Dark Chocolate Clusters from A Family Feast.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Caramel Toffee Cashew Clusters
- 2 10 oz packages caramel baking chips
- 1 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 2 tablespoon solid vegetable shortening
- 2 ½ cups whole salted cashews
- 1 8 oz package bits-o-brickle English Toffee Bits, divided
- Line 2 large baking sheets with wax paper or a large dry space on your kitchen counter.
- Place the caramel and white chocolate chips plus vegetable shortening In a large microwave safe bowl. Use the melt function or melt at 50% power in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth. Mix well.
- Reserve ¼ cup toffee bits and set aside.
- Add the cashews and remaining toffee bits to the melted chips. Stir until equally distributed.
- Use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop and drop into clusters on the wax paper. Sprinkle the tops with reserved toffee bits while wet.
- Allow to set for 30 minutes or until completely set.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.