Chunky Monkey Banana Cake
Other Banana Desserts to Add to the Menu
Over ripe bananas are a gift just begging to be turned into something delicious. A few other banana desserts to try:
- Cool down with this Frozen Banana Pudding Bombe.
- Two Southern desserts collide in this Banana Pudding Cream Cheese Pound Cake.
- Chocolate Banana Bread is a think out side of the box variation on classic banana bread.
- Best ever Banana Cake frosted with cream cheese icing.
- Strawberry Banana Crumble from Noble Pig.
Just like the ice cream this cake that will have you smiling from the inside out!
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Chunky Monkey Banana Cake
- 1 ¾ cup chopped walnuts toasted & divided
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup cake flour
- 1 3.4 oz box instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup softened butter 2 sticks
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup cubed banana
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes, then cool completely.
- Sift together the both flours, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar, until pale yellow and fluffy. Around 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- I a separate bowl, whisk the vanilla into the buttermilk. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- After all of the ingredients have been added, increase the mixer speed, and beat for 2 minutes until fully combined. Stop to scrape the side of the bowl and the beater as needed.
- By hand, mix in the chocolate chips, 1 ½ cup toasted walnuts and cubed banana into the batter.
- Spray a standard bundt pan with baking spray, then spread the thick batter into the pan. Bounce the pan on the counter a few times to remove the air bubbles.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Cover the top with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning, if needed. Cool completely in the pan, then invert onto a cake plate.
- To make the Milk Chocolate Ganache:
- Melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe dish. Heat in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake and sprinkle the top with toasted walnuts.