This Cinnamon Roll French Bread is buttery, spicy and sweet. This recipe turns a fluffy inexpensive loaf of bread into a million dollar treat.
Cinnamon Roll French Bread
Many of my recipes come together out of necessity. In this case, I needed an uber quick brunch bread without any time to make something from scratch. On my counter was a fluffy loaf of french bread and necessity birthed my inspiration to turn it into this bread. I regularly transform those loaves into pizza, french toast and garlic bread so, why not a toasted cinnamon roll bread? To my sheer delight, it was an absolute hit with my guests.
Helpful Tips for Making Cinnamon Roll French Bread
This easy bread has a rich and buttery flavor and is one of those sweet treats meant for sharing with family and friends.
- If you need to make it in advance to save time, you certainly can. I recommend slathering each half with the cinnamon butter then wrap separately with plastic wrap. Chill until you're ready to bake.
- When you're ready to bake it, uncover and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake. The butter, brown sugar and spices melt into the bread and flavor it beautifully.
- Drizzle it with glaze, slice and serve with a cup of coffee or hot tea.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for no yeast sandwich bread from Recipe Tin Eats.
Other Cinnamon Spiced Recipes to Try
The smell of cinnamon in the air just makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Other cinnamon filled treats to try:
- Orange Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast, brunch, tea time or dessert.
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter for pancakes, muffins, toast and biscuits.
- Homemade Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread.
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Muffins make in a cupcake pan.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cinnamon Roll French Bread
- 1 (1 lb) loaf french or Italian bread sliced in half
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice the bread in half and lay side by side on the parchment.
- In a bowl whisk together the softened butter, light brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until fully combined.
- Divide between the bread halves spreading from end to end.
- Bake for 25 minutes. The topping will be hot, so carefully cut into 1-inch slices.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla until the sugar has dissolved.
- Drizzle over the cinnamon roll french bread. Serve extra glaze on the side.