Cinnamon Roll French Bread – This cinnamon roll french bread came about completely off the cuff. I needed an uber quick brunch sweet bread and had no time to make it from scratch. On my counter was a fluffy loaf of french bread and necessity birthed the inspiration. We make pizza, french toast, bread pudding and beyond with those large inexpensive loaves of bread from the bakery, why not a toasted cinnamon roll bread? To my sheer delight, it was an absolute hit with my guests.
It’s has a rich and buttery flavor and is one of those sweet treats meant for sharing with friends. If you need to make it in advance for a time saver you certainly can. I recommend slathering each half with the cinnamon butter then wrapping separately with plastic wrap. When you’re ready to bake it, uncover and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake. The butter, brown sugar and spices melt into the bread and flavor it beautifully. Drizzle it with glaze, slice and serve.
The butter, brown sugar and spices melt into the bread and flavor it beautifully. Drizzle it with glaze, slice and serve with a cup of coffee or hot tea. It turns an inexpensive loaf of bread into a million dollar treat.
- 1  lb loaf french or Italian bread, sliced in half
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice the bread in half and lay side by side on the parchment.
- In a bowl whisk together the softened butter, light brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until fully combined.
- Divide between the bread halves spreading from end to end.
- Bake for 25 minutes. The topping will be hot, so carefully cut into 1-inch slices.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla until the sugar has dissolved.
- Drizzle over the cinnamon roll french bread. Serve extra glaze on the side.