This Cinnamon Roll French Bread is slathered with a buttery cinnamon sugar topping that’s spicy and sweet. This easy recipe turns a fluffy inexpensive loaf of bread into a million dollar treat.
Easy Cinnamon Roll French Bread Recipe
Many of my recipes come together out of necessity. In this case, I needed an uber quick brunch bread without any time to make something from scratch. On my counter was a fluffy loaf of french bread and necessity birthed my inspiration to turn it into this bread. I regularly transform those loaves into pizza, french toast and garlic bread so, why not a toasted cinnamon roll bread? To my sheer delight, it was an absolute hit with my guests.
How to Make the Best Cinnamon Roll French Bread
This easy bread has a rich and buttery flavor and is one of those sweet treats meant for sharing with family and friends.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Cinnamon Roll French Bread: One 16 ounce loaf fluffy French or Italian bread, butter, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- For the glaze you’ll need: Powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A sheet pan, sharp knife and cutting board, small bowl, knife or icing spatula to spread the filling onto the bread, measuring cups and spoons.
- The bread used in this recipe is one of those inexpensive fluffy loaves from the grocery store bakery.
- If you need to make it in advance to save time, you certainly can. I recommend slathering each half with the cinnamon butter then wrap separately with plastic wrap. Chill until you’re ready to bake. This can be done up to 1 day in advance.
- When you’re ready to bake, uncover and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake according to the recipe. The butter, brown sugar and spices melt into the bread and flavor it beautifully. When baking from cold, you may need to lengthen the baking time by 5 minutes or so.
- How do you serve Cinnamon Roll French Bread? Once baked, mix up the easy vanilla cream glaze and drizzle it on top. Slice and enjoy with a cup of coffee or hot tea.
- Store baked Cinnamon Roll French Bread wrapped in foil in the refrigerator. Reheat gently in the microwave in single serving portions.
More Sweet Cinnamon Spiced Dessert Recipes to Make
The smell of cinnamon in the air just makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Other cinnamon filled treats to try:
- You can enjoy my Orange Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast, brunch, tea time or dessert.
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter can be slathered on pancakes, muffins, toast and biscuits.
- Homemade Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread is better than any you’ll buy.
- Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Biscuits are a delicious option for breakfast or brunch.
- Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding is a fabulous option for special brunches and holiday gatherings.
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Muffins made in a cupcake pan.
- Cinnamon Rock Candy from Affair From the Heart.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Cinnamon Roll French Bread
- 1 (1 lb) loaf french or Italian bread sliced in half
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice the bread in half and lay side by side on the parchment.
- In a bowl whisk together the softened butter, light brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until fully combined.
- Divide between the bread halves spreading from end to end.
- Bake for 25 minutes. The topping will be hot, so carefully cut into 1-inch slices.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla until the sugar has dissolved.
- Drizzle over the cinnamon roll french bread. Serve extra glaze on the side.