The comforting flavor of Cinnamon buns and bread pudding collide in this luscious cinnamon filled Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding recipe.
Easy Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding Recipe
I am a true lover of bread pudding in any flavor. When my friend Lori Lange creator of The Recipe Girl, included this Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding in her latest cookbook, I knew I had to try it. Lori's cookbook has so many great dishes making it difficult to choose where to start. She has a super simple home roasted lemon, herb and garlic chicken that every family needs in their dinner menu recipe file. As well as tasty appetizers, salads and kid-friendly food like her corn dog mini muffins and gooey cheese pepperoni pizza pull-apart bread. There are also theme menus and tips for successful entertaining.
How to Make the Best Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding Recipe
This easy bread pudding combines the familiar flavor that we all love in cinnamon buns. They come with the bonus of making the house smell heavenly while they're baking. It doesn't get any better than that.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding recipe: Day old cubed French bread, butter, milk, sugar, light brown sugar, large eggs, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. Plus powdered sugar for dusting the top. You could also serve it with a drizzle of caramel or maple syrup for serving, if desired.
- For the topping you'll need: Melted butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: An 8 x 8 inch deep baking dish, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a whisk and large spoon or silicone spatula for stirring the bread pudding filling together.
- This bread pudding is perfection for make-ahead preparation for the holidays and week brunches.
- You could top this cinnamon bun bread pudding with a vanilla cream glaze, if you'd like. To do so, in a small bowl whisk together 1 cup of powdered sugar with ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and enough heavy cream or milk to thin. Start with one tablespoon at a time and mix, repeating until your desired consistency is reached. Drizzle on each piece of bread pudding just before serving.
- Store leftover Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding chilled in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave in single serving pieces.
Other Cinnamon Spiced Inspired Recipes to Add to the Menu
Cinnamon buns are a vintage dessert that Americans love. It's no surprise, they're soft and fully with just a hint of spice. You may also like to enjoy those same flavors in my recipe for Cinnamon Roll Bread and easy Banana Toffee Cinnamon Rolls. Bread pudding is one of those dishes that can take you from breakfast to dessert and anywhere in-between. Special holiday celebrations, brunch with family or friends or a comforting dessert on a chilly evening. More bread pudding recipes you may like to try:
- Pumpkin Spice Bread Pudding is drizzled with a decadent glaze that takes it to another level.
- White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding melts in your mouth!
- Bourbon Soaked Cherry Bread Pudding from Food Network
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding
- 7-8 cups day old french bread cubed
- 3 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon salted butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and spray an 8 x 8 inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Place the cubed french bread into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour over the cubed bread. Mix well then pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together the topping ingredients then sprinkle evenly on top.
- Place into the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or just until the top is golden and the center is set. Test with the tip of a knife inserted into the center, it should come back clean.
- Rest for 5 minutes on the counter before serving dusted with powdered sugar.
I was looking to use up home made cinnamon rolls. Your recipe was perfect. I cut up the cinnamon rolls into small pieces and let them soaked in the egg mix. So delicious!
Paula K McKinnies
I make a variation of this recipe using a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread. I serve it warm with what my mother called hard sauce (Her recipe, and made without the liquor). We love bread pudding!!
Im partial to cinnamon!
I love cooking and Bread Pudding. So pinned it so when I go to the grocery I can double check the ingredients. Can't wait to try it.
Arthur in the Garden!
I love this "new" remake of my Moms. Family favorite...thanks.
I like vanilla/caramel bread pudding. I'm going to try your cinnamon bp though... maybe today. Thanks for the giveaway.
Pecan and Maple bread pudding... firstname.lastname@example.org
Bernie Busse - I'm 81 yrs young and haven't had bread pudding like my grandma used to make. This one looks like it's THE one. Will try it soon. email@example.com
Have always loved cinnamon bread pudding. Comfort food reminds me of my childhood.
I have always made plain bread pudding with milk, half&half, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. I add a small handful of raisins on occasion after pouring the ingredients. I live in Pittsburgh and most people I know have never had Bread Pudding...my girls love it and it is a huge hit any time I make it. I am going to make this recipe tonight as it looks so simple and delicious. This may be my new favorite!
I love chocolate bread pudding!
Vanilla is my favorite!
I bake for our seniors monthly. This will bethe next thing I make for them:) thank you!
Cinnamon bread pudding r firstname.lastname@example.org
Ella M. Ivory
Add raisins and top with a vanilla sauce. I have even used apple sauce as part of the topping. email@example.com
My favorite too!
Cinnamon bread pudding with pecans is awesome!!! r firstname.lastname@example.org. My name is Retonda Tomblin
I like ALL bread puddings!
Just your average cinnamon bread pudding 🙂
I LOVE bread pudding!! But one thing I think this is missing is the wait time before baking. At least 45 minutes. You want the bread to absorb all the egg mixture so the texture of the bread breaks down somewhat.
This would be good with warmed REAL maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream.
Gotta go; I'm drooling all over myself!