This sweet and spicy Cinnamon Roll Bread is so good it’ll make your toes tingle. This easy quick bread is filled with a buttery spicy cinnamon swirl then topped with a dreamy thick vanilla cream glaze. Enjoy a slice or two, for breakfast, brunch or as a snack with a cup of tea or coffee and you’ll be transported to a French bistro in your own kitchen.
Easy Quick Breads
Quick breads like this cinnamon roll bread, remain a hot favorite in my kitchen. They’re the kind of bread that typically begins with ingredients found in my pantry and require no yeast or kneading. This version of cinnamon roll bread is kicked-up with a cinnamon swirl that just screams comfort. I’m a true hot tea aficionado and a slice of this cinnamon laced bread for me is simply divine to enjoy at tea time. It’s one of those moments you sit, sip and savor the small pleasures in life. It’s my way of “stopping to smell the roses” on a busy day. I like to make this bread and serve it the same day however, it can be made a day in advance if preferred, then glazed just before serving.
Other quick bread recipes you may like can be found in my Parade Magazine article featuring 18 Insanely Delicious Sweet and Savory Quick Breads, or sweet Cinnamon Muffins and Simple Cinnamon Cake.
Get more recipes like this one in Melissa’s Southern Cookbook available here on Amazon
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cinnamon Roll Bread
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon swirl:
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream plus additional as needed to thin
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 5-inch metal non-stick loaf pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients mixing until fully combined.
- To make the cinnamon swirl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the loaf pan. Dollops 1/2 of the cinnamon swirl mixture over the batter then use a knife to swirl it through the batter. Top with the remaining batter and cinnamon and repeat swirling the cinnamon through the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes then check the center with a toothpick for doneness. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and continue to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes back clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack in the pan for 1 hour then remove from the pan to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix together the powered sugar with 3 Tbsp of heavy cream. Add additional cream 1 Tbsp at a time until it reaches spreading consistency. Pour over the cooled cinnamon roll bread.