Easy Cinnamon Rolls for a Quick Treat
Yes, I know, they're drowning in glaze but not one complaint was heard. Not one. We thinned out the glaze a bit more than called for in the recipe, so never fear. If your cinnamon roll fans love glaze, double it and they'll be happy as can be. Serve these warm straight from the oven while the glaze is still gooey. Finger licking is encouraged.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 13.4 oz tube classic refrigerated pizza dough
- ½ cup salted butter divided use
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp ground cinnamon [adjust to your taste]
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Cream Cheese Icing:
- 2 oz softened cream cheese
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream or half & half plus additional to thin
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9 x 9 non stick metal baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Press the dough into roughly a 13 x 9 inch rectangle. Carefully spread with 6 Tbsp of softened butter.
- In a small bowl, toss together both sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg. Start with 1 Tbsp of cinnamon adding more to your taste.
- Sprinkle over the butter, reserving a 1-2 Tbsp to sprinkle on top. Begin to roll, starting at the widest edge.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into 12 equal pieces. Reshape as needed and arrange side by side in the pan.
- Melt the remaining 2 Tbsp butter and pour over the rolls. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and cinnamon blend on top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until golden and puffy. Let cool slightly while you make frosting.
- Cream Cheese Icing: In a small bowl, whisk together cream cheese, powdered sugar and cream. Add additional cream as needed to frosting consistency.
- Spread on cinnamon rolls and serve while warm.