Start your Memorial Day weekend with these gooey and oh-so-easy caramel pecan sticky rolls using one of my family’s favorite dinner rolls. These sweet rolls begin with butter, brown sugar and pecans that are cooked together to form the perfect combination to add the “sticky” to this sweet treat. Thanks to Kings Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls no dough making or kneading is required.
Like you, I have my favorite places to shop for essentials and admittedly I spend much of my time at Target. When the folks at Kings Hawaiian and Target teamed-up for a special Memorial Day celebration to me it seemed like a match made in heaven. When they asked if I would create an original recipe using Kings Hawaiian Original Sweet Rolls I thought I’d heard angels sing.
When I’m entertaining or hosting a special event for friends and family I find that the food theme is usually set with the first breakfast or brunch gathering. A holiday weekend is the perfect occasion to go the extra mile and serve a sweet treat that’s simple to make but has the “wow” factor, too. These gooey caramel pecan sticky rolls are versatile and could easily be served as a dessert with a generous dollop of fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream at the end of any meal.
When I was collecting ingredients to create this recipe at my local Target, I was delighted to learn that they’re now carrying a 24-pack of rolls which allowed me to make a batch of these caramel pecan sticky rolls and have additional for ham and Swiss cheese sliders later in the day. Score for Mom!
To prepare you begin the caramel pecan sauce on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet, or alternatively you could make the sauce and pour it into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish, if preferred. Next, arrange the Kings Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls over the rich buttery sauce. When baking, lay a piece of aluminum foil on top then place into the oven to bake until the rolls are warm and lightly toasted. Invert onto a serving plate and watch the caramel drizzle down the sides of each to coat with the thick caramel pecan sauce. The only thing left to do is stand back and watch them disappear one by one!
Disclosure: This blog post was sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN, but the opinions and text are all my own.
- 12 Kings Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans halves, roughly broken
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet or similar over medium-high cook the light brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, cinnamon and salt together. Bring to boil and then allow to bubble over medium-high for 1 minute until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the pecans to the caramel. Stir until the pecans are coated and evenly distributed in the caramel sauce.
- Separate the rolls and arrange top side down over the caramel sauce gently pressing into the caramel.
- Place the rolls into the oven and lay a piece of foil loosely on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Carefully invert onto a serving platter allowing the skillet to sit inverted for 1 minute or until all of the caramel has released from the skillet and drizzled down the sides of the rolls .
- Serve immediately.