This post brought to you by Sister Schubert’s
Are you looking for special snacks to fill your starter menu? These gooey Ham and Swiss Poppy Seed Rolls are a crowd favorite. Parker house rolls brushed with a buttery honey, Dijon and poppy seed glaze are stuffed with smoked ham and Swiss cheese. Baked until golden they’re ready to be pulled apart and devoured.
Easy Ham and Swiss Poppy Seed Rolls Recipe
These sorts of pull apart rolls will take you from special brunch gatherings, to holiday small bites and game day snacking. These ham and swiss are simple and they can be prepared in advance and baked when you’re ready to serve them. These rolls are packed with flavor and a bit addictive too. Turn leftover holiday ham into these mini sliders and you’ll have a mouthwatering snack fit for any occasion. Ingredients you’ll need to make Ham and Swiss Rolls:
- Rolls – One packet of parker house style frozen yeast rolls.
- Ham – Fully cooked leftover or deli brown sugar or honey ham.
- Cheese – Sliced Swiss cheese.
- Glaze – Butter, honey mustard, honey, poppy seeds, grated sweet onion i.e. Vidalia or similar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
How to Make the BEST Ham and Swiss Poppy Seed Rolls Recipe
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Sheet pan, cutting board, bread knife, small bowl, pastry brush, measuring cups and spoons.
- You can use any fully cooked ham in these rolls. Deli ham or leftover holiday ham works beautifully.
- Sliced Swiss cheese is readily available in the deli and dairy section of the grocery store. In a pinch, you could adapt these rolls using a different cheese, if that’s your preference.
- Poppy seeds are found on the baking aisle with the other spices and seasonings.
- Both the cheese and ham should overlap when stuffing the rolls. The cheese will melt and form the edible glue for holding everything together.
- You can fully assemble these rolls one day in advance then chill in the refrigerator until baking.
- When assembling in advance, wrap the rolls tightly in aluminum foil then brush with the glaze just before baking.
- To serve these ham rolls, take a sharp knife and cu along the perforations of the rolls.
- Once the baked rolls are cut apart, arrange them on a platter or a cake pedastal for serving.
- You can store baked Ham and Swiss Poppy Seed Rolls chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in single servings in the microwave or in a 350°F air fryer just until heated through.
More Easy Pull Apart Rolls Recipes to Make
- These Chicken Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Rolls are a viral Pinterest sensation.
- The kiddos will flip for these Pepperoni Pizza Rolls.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Hawaiian Sweet Roll Sliders are always a hit.
- Serve these Reuben Sliders for tailgating and casual dinners.
- Start the day with these Sausage Egg and Cheese Rolls.
- Take pizza night with the family to another level with these Stuffed Pizza Rolls.
- Easy Cheesy Taco Sliders are a game day favorite.
- For more entertaining snacking you may also like to try these gooey Ham, Gruyere and Apple Paninis from Food Network perfect for a casual lunch with friends.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sister Schubert’s Taste of Home Holiday Campaign. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share brands with you that I enjoy.
Ham and Swiss Poppy Seed Rolls
- 1 11 oz package Sister Schubert’s Parker House Style Yeast Rolls
- 1 lb brown sugar or honey ham
- 1 lb Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp honey mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp grated sweet onion
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Thaw the rolls per the package directions. After thawing, remove the rolls from the package. Using a serrated knife cut through the middle leaving the top and bottom piece intact.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt together the softened butter, honey mustard, honey, poppy seeds, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Whisk until fully combined and slightly thickened then remove from the heat.
- Brush each piece of the sliced rolls with approximately 1/3 of the seasoned butter.
- Layer 1/2 of the cheese on the bottom, then arrange the ham over the cheese.
- Finish with the final layer of cheese.
- Replace the top piece of Sister Schubert’s Parker House Style Yeast Rolls over the final layer of cheese.
- Carefully move the rolls onto a large round pizza pan lined with parchment paper. Brush the remaining seasoned butter on the top and sides.
- Cover loosely with foil. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven covered for 15 minutes then uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Cut apart and serve immediately.