Easy quick breads like this Cinnamon Toffee Banana Nut Bread can often be found cooling on my kitchen counter. This variation adds warm and spicy cinnamon, buttery toffee bits and toasted nuts to give it a little added sumthin’. Enjoy it for breakfast, brunch or a mid afternoon pick-me-up any day of the week.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cinnamon Toffee Banana Nut Bread
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed [1 1/2 cup]
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz a standard 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with baking spray
- In a medium-size mixing bowl sift together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Add the mashed banana.
- Mix until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Mix in the walnuts and toffee bits by hand.
- Spread the batter evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center shows moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a cooling rack.
To toast the nuts, place in a single layer on a baking sheet and into a preheated 350°F oven. Toast for 6-8 minutes then cool completely before adding to the batter.