This tender slow cooked Coca Cola Pot Roast recipe is a Sunday supper favorite. Serve it with your favorite sides and some biscuits to sop up the gravy.
Coca Cola Pot Roast
This Coca-Cola pot roast takes me back to my Sunday dinner roots. When I was growing up, Sunday dinners were a big deal at our house. Rain or shine, on Sunday mornings we got up early and went to church then came home to an afternoon of family time, good food and rest. Our table was usually filled with more friends and family than our immediate family. It was standard Sunday dinner routine. Sundays were one of the busiest days of the week for my Parents whose lives and work centered around church. Due to this we often dined on slow cooker recipes. The featured choice was usually a succulent slow cooked pot roast with potatoes and carrots smothered in a generous amount of sweet onion wedges.
Pot Roast is a Taste of Nostalgia
A tasty Sunday Dinner is the perfect way to bring a family around the kitchen table to share a meal, memories and family conversations. From treasured family recipes or newly created traditions to tips on how to involve the whole family in cooking. You may also like to try:
- Slow Cooked Chicken and Dumplings
- Slow Cooked Beef Stew
- Slow Cooked Italian Beef Hoagie
- Slow Cooked Spanish Chicken and Rice
- Crockpot Pepper Jack Chicken from Recipes that Crock
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sunday Dinner winner Partnership by Taste of Home and Physicians Mutual. The opinions and text are all mine.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Coca Cola Pot Roast
- 1 4 lb chuck roast
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp steak seasoning
- ½-1 tsp black pepper
- 4 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1 b carrots peeled and cut on the bias
- 1 large sweet onion cut into wedges
- 1 12 oz can coca cola
- 1 1.0 oz package herb gravy for beef or brown gravy mix
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 2 lb medium Yukon Gold or russet potatoes halved [optional]
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Rinse and pat dry the pot roast. Drizzle with olive oil then rub with steak seasoning, black pepper and minced garlic on all sides. Center in the slow cooker.
- Arrange the carrots and onion wedges around the roast, placing a few onion wedges on top. Drizzle the Worcestershire sauce over the roast.
- Mix together the coca cola, brown gravy mix and Herbes de Provence until dissolved. Pour over the roast and vegetables. If adding potatoes, arrange the potato halves on top. If serving with mashed potatoes, omit.
- Season the vegetables with a light sprinkle of steak seasoning or seasoned salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours. To make the gravy, use a slotted spoon to remove the roast and vegetables from the slow cooker to a platter. Cover and keep warm.
- Pour the drippings into a saucepan, skimming any excess fat from the top.
- Thicken with cornstarch or a flour slurry to make the gravy, if desired.