Top these Crockpot Pulled Chicken Tacos with your favorite taco fixins' and enjoy an easy homestyle fiesta any night of the week.
Crockpot Pulled Chicken Tacos
The technique for making these Crockpot Pulled Chicken Tacos is homemade taco perfection. Seasoned chicken simmered in the slow cooker results in pull apart taco goodness. The prep time couldn't be simpler, it takes about 5 minutes to pull together and the slow cooker does the rest. This type of Mexican food is a regular dinner rotation at our house. Apart from the warm and earthy seasonings, it's not difficult to pull together and a great way to get the kids to add veggies to their meal.
Helpful Tips for Making Chicken Tacos
- For the very best results, and to get the greatest flavor, it's important to start with a quality taco seasoning blend, as this provides the basis of flavor for the entire dish.
- See the Cook's note for how to make your own seasoning should, you desire to.
- Chili fixin's are a type of Rotel brand diced tomatoes and the seasonings included add another level of flavor for this dish. You can use regular Rotel tomatoes, if you prefer but, may need to adjust the seasonings to taste.
- To serve, warm a stack of flour or corn tortillas and, fill them with pulled chicken, shredded cheese or a sprinkle of queso fresco then top with your choice of crisp shredded lettuce,pico de gallo, guacamole, salsa, sour cream or any of your favorite toppings.
- You may like to drizzle your tacos with this recipe for cilantro-lime crema from My Recipes
The beauty of tacos is, you can start with a flavorful pulled chicken, pork or beef and personalize the rest to your taste. Thanks to your crockpot, this pulled chicken has all of the makings of a weekday dinner fiesta ready in minutes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Crockpot Pulled Chicken Tacos
- 4 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup quality taco seasoning Use your favorite (See Cook's note to make homemade)
- olive oil
- 1 10 oz can Rotel Chili Fixins
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste plus additional as needed
- warm tortillas
- Assorted toppings : shredded lettuce shredded cheese, salsa or diced tomatoes, sour cream, black olives (Your favorite)
- Spray the crock of a 6 quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray or fit with a disposable liner.
- Pat dry chicken breasts. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle chicken liberally with taco seasoning. Rub into chicken pieces on all sides.
- Arrange the seasoned chicken breasts in a single layer on the bottom. Drizzle lightly with additional olive oil.
- Pour the chili fixins' tomatoes evenly over chicken pieces. Season with salt and garlic.
- Place cover firmly on top. Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3-4 hours or just until the chicken is fork tender.
- Using 2 forks. pull the chicken breasts apart, and gently stir into the sauce.
- To thicken the sauce, add 1 Tbsp of tomato paste at a time and gently mix through. Repeat until the sauce has thickened to your preference. Keep warm until serving.
- Serve on warm tortillas with lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, diced avocado, sliced jalapeno, cilantro or any of your favorite taco toppings.
- 5 teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons garlic powder or granulated garlic
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ¼ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tsp dark chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano (Preferably Mexican)
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- ½ tsp ground ancho chili pepper or cayenne (Adjust to taste)