More Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes to Make
Is a crockpot and a slow cooker the same thing? Those terms are used interchangeably, yes. They both use a low and slow cooking technique that works for inexpensive cuts of meat making them tender and flavorful. A few other slow cooker chicken recipes you may like to try:
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Barbecue Chicken is delicious served over rice.
- Better than take out Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- Slow Cooker Roast Chicken and Vegetables is a one dish meal.
- Slow Cooked Applewood Cider Chicken for Fall dinners.
- Slow Cooker Extra Creamy Chicken and Noodles for the pasta fans at your table.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Slow Cooked Chicken and Dumplings
- 5 6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts [6-8 oz. each]
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of celery soup
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 8 frozen biscuits thawed and quartered
- ¼ cup finely minced onion
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional veggies: See Cook's note
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Spray the crock of a 6 quart oval your slow cooker or similar with cooking spray. Set on the low setting.
- Cut the chicken breasts once through the middle, then into large chunks and arrange in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soups, broth, melted butter, onion and seasonings. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, uncover, stir well and increase the temperature to the high setting.
- Cut thawed biscuits into quarters then drop them into the slow cooker. Stir into the broth.
- Replace lid and lock to seal. Cook for an additional 1-1 ½ hours.
- Uncover let stand for 10 minutes, then serve.
- I prefer to add the cooked vegetables at the end of cooking, so, the chicken and dumplings won't get lost in the flavor of the vegetables. You can skip this optional step and enjoy vegetables on the side if you wish.
- To prepare optional vegetables: In a stove top pan saute ½ cup each of chopped celery and onion with one cup of carrots in 2 tablespoon butter until cooked and golden. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Remove the lid and test the dumplings to be certain they're completely cooked. Stir the sauteed vegetables into the chicken and dumplings and serve immediately.
- Make your own Fluffy Southern Buttermilk Biscuits recipe.