A couple of other slow cooker chicken recipes you may like to try is this Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Rice and Slow Cooker Extra Creamy Chicken and Noodles for the pasta fans at your table. You may also enjoy my recipe for30 minute stovetop chicken and dumplings.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Slow Cooked Chicken and Dumplings
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts [6-8 oz. each]
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of celery soup
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 8 frozen biscuits thawed and quartered
- ¼ cup finely minced onion
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- ¼ tsp dried tarragon
- ⅛ tsp dried thyme
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional veggies: See Cook's note
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray and set it on the low setting.
- Cut the chicken breasts once through the middle, then into large chunks and arrange in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soups, broth, melted butter, onion and seasonings. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, remove the lid, stir and increase the temperature to the high setting.
- Cut the thawed biscuits into quarters then drop them into the slow cooker. Stir into the broth.
- Replace cover and cook for an additional 1-1 ½ hours.