A big bowl of homemade Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup is guaranteed to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. It comes together in a snap for a comforting one pot meal.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup is the ultimate when it comes to comforting soups to make. It's widely believed that chicken noodle soup has the power to cure what ails you. I'm not sure that there's any solid evidence that it's medicinal, but it does have a way of making you feel warm and satisfied. It doesn't get any better than that.
Helpful Tips for Making Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- This soup is the perfect opportunity to utilize leftover chicken or one of those ready-to-eat rotisserie chickens from the grocery store to expedite ingredient prep.
- The addition of onion, celery and carrots turns this into a one pot meal.
- This recipe is very forgiving. Keep in mind that you can thicken the broth using more cream cheese and likewise, you can thin the broth further using more chicken stock.
- You can adapt the seasonings to your taste using either herbes de provence or Italian seasoning. I recommend starting with 1 teaspoon, than adding more from there. Add, then taste and adjust.
- There's nothing better with a bowl of soup than a side of buttered bread. Checkout my recipe for Dutch Oven Artisan White Bread for the perfect duo.
Other Soup Recipes to Add to the Menu
While soup is often thought of as a chilly weather dish, I have a year-round love affair with a steamy bowl of soup in any flavor. Other soup recipes you may like to add to the menu:
- Cheesy French Onion Soup a classic you can make at home.
- Cheeseburger Soup is like eating a cheeseburger in a bowl.
- Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup made with sharp white cheddar cheese.
- A fall rockstar, Butternut Squash Soup topped with a dollop of sour cream and toasted toasted seeds.
- Creamy Tomato Cheese Tortellini Soup is a hearty pasta filled 30 minute meal.
- Fully Loaded Smashed Potato Soup always hits the spot.
- Italian Wedding Soup from the Cozy Cook.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 tablespoon salted butter
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 rib celery thinly sliced
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley divided use
- 2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoon herbes de provence or dry Italian seasoning adjust amount to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cups shredded roasted or rotisserie chicken
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 3 cups medium egg noodles
- 4 oz Neufchatel cheese cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a 6 quart Dutch oven or large soup pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery and onion. Cook for 5-8 minutes, just until softened.
- To the pot add 7 cups stock, 1 tablespoon parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika. Lower heat to medium, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, add noodles to the broth. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes, or until noodles are al dente.
- Uncover, then to the pot add cream cheese and cream, mixing just until melted. Add chicken, mixing well. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add reserved 1 cup stock, if desired to thin broth, if desired to taste.
- Stir in reserved parsley. Keep warm until serving.