When a chocolate craving hits there’s nothing that satisfies like a warm fudgy brownie with chewy edges. Even better when it’s made from scratch Double Chocolate Brownies. Serve these while slightly warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or on their own with a tall glass of milk.
Easy Double Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Brownies are consummate comfort food. They’re one of those sweet treats that simply never gets old. Be it these classic chocolate brownies or a pan filled with butterscotch brownies, they’re guaranteed to disappear in no time flat. These brownies start with unsweetened chocolate with 100% cacoa content that gives them an irresistible dense chocolate flavor. A heaping cup of semi sweet chocolate chips stirred into the batter turns these into a chocolate lovers dream.
How to Make the BEST Double Chocolate Brownies Recipe
The best part about making brownies from scratch is; you may have everything you need in your pantry right now. That’s the perfect excuse to bake a batch today.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Double Chocolate Brownies: Flour, butter, unsweetened baking chocolate, semi sweet chocolate chips, butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, all purpose flour salt and large eggs.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Stand mixer or hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, small microwave sale bowl, small bowl for flour, medium bowl, whisk, silicone spatula and 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Another rule of thumb when baking brownies in general is to bake them until you see moist crumbs on a toothpick when inserted into the center. This is one time you aren’t looking for the toothpick to come back clean. Over-baking brownies will result in them being dry and crumbly.
- I am a seasoned baker and almost always use a whisk to sift dry ingredients together for baking. It works like a charm for breads, sweets and any recipe that requires sifting.
- When measuring flour, never scoop but rather spoon the flour into the measuring cup then level with a knife.
- It’s important to allow these brownies to cool in the pan before attempting to cut them. The reason is, they’re so moist they may fall apart, if cut too soon.
- Serve these brownies as is, or make brownie sundaes topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate ganache, fresh whipped cream and the token maraschino cherry on top. You can also make brownie strawberry shortcakes or include them in other recipes such as trifles.
- Store Double Chocolate Brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
More Brownies Recipes to Make
Other brownie recipes to try:
- Dreamy Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle is a stunner.
- Rocky Road Brownie Cookies are a fusion of cookies and brownies rolled into one handheld treat.
- Cream cheese frosted Red Velvet Brownies.
- Strawberry Shortcake Brownie Cupcakes are made in a muffin pan.
- Cheesecake Brownies are a decadent option for tailgating and potluck parties.
- Reese’s Brownies are filled with Reese’s pieces and peanut butter cups.
- Are you a blondies fan? checkout this recipe for Blondies from Crazy for Crust.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Double Chocolate Brownies
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Liberally spray a 13 x 9-inch metal non stick baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments. Repeat stirring each time until completely smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium size mixing bowl use a hand mixer to cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add the melted chocolate beating just until combined.
- In a separate small bowl, use a whisk to sift together all purpose flour and salt.
- Gradually add the sifted flour beating just until fully distributed and a batter is formed. Do not over mix. Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan on a cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.