Double Chocolate Brownies – When a chocolate craving hits there’s nothing that satisfies like a warm moist chocolaty brownie with chewy edges. Even better when it’s made from scratch double chocolate brownies. It’s one of those sweet treats that simply never gets old. These brownies start with unsweetened chocolate with 100% cacoa content. That gives the unmistakable dense chocolate flavor. Then a heaping cup of semi sweet chocolate chips stirred in at the end turns these into a chocolate lovers dream.
These brownies need to cool in the pan before attempting to cut as they are so moist they may fall apart if cut too soon. Another tip is when baking brownies in general bake them until you see moist crumbs on a toothpick when inserted into the center. Over baking will cause brownies to be dry and crumbly. Serve these as is or make brownie sundaes topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate ganache, fresh whipped cream and the token maraschino cherry on top. What’s even better? You may have everything you need in your pantry right now. My advice? Run, don’t walk to the kitchen and bake a batch today.
Double Chocolate Brownies
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour plus 1 tsp salt sifted
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Liberally spray a 9 x 13-inch metal non stick baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments. Repeat stirring each time until smooth.
- In a medium size mixing bowl use a hand mixer to cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add the melted chocolate beating just until combined.
- Add the sifted flour and salt beating just until fully distributed ands creamy. Do not over mix.
- Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan on a cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.