When a chocolate craving hits there's nothing that satisfies like a warm fudgy brownie with chewy edges. Even better when it's made from scratch Double Chocolate Brownies. Serve these while slightly warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or on their own with a tall glass of milk.
Double Chocolate Brownies are Dessert Comfort Food
Brownies are consummate comfort food. They're one of those sweet treats that simply never gets old. Be it these classic chocolate brownies or a pan filled with butterscotch brownies, they're guaranteed to disappear in no time flat. These brownies start with unsweetened chocolate with 100% cacoa content that gives them an irresistible dense chocolate flavor. A heaping cup of semi sweet chocolate chips stirred into the batter turns these into a chocolate lovers dream.
Tips for Making Double Chocolate Brownies
The best part about making brownies from scratch is; you may have everything you need in your pantry right now. That's the perfect excuse to bake a batch today.
- It's important to allow these brownies to cool in the pan before attempting to cut them. The reason is, they're so moist they may fall apart, if cut too soon.
- Also, another rule of thumb when baking brownies in general is, to bake them until you see moist crumbs on a toothpick when inserted into the center. This is one time you aren't looking for the toothpick to come back clean. Over-baking brownies will result in them being dry and crumbly.
- Serve these as is, or make brownie sundaes topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate ganache, fresh whipped cream and the token maraschino cherry on top.
- Other brownie recipes to try: Dreamy Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle, Rocky Road Brownie Cookies and cream cheese frosted Red Velvet Brownies.
- Are you a blondies fan? checkout this recipe for Blondies from Crazy for Crust.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Double Chocolate Brownies
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour plus 1 teaspoon salt sifted
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Liberally spray a 13 x 9-inch metal non stick baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments. Repeat stirring each time until smooth.
- In a medium size mixing bowl use a hand mixer to cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add the melted chocolate beating just until combined.
- Add the sifted flour and salt beating just until fully distributed ands creamy. Do not over mix.
- Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan on a cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.