Rich and buttery Butterscotch Brownies are made with a chewy caramel-like brown sugar dough that’s laced with toasted nuts and butterscotch baking chips. Baked until golden, they’re a buttery bite of dessert heaven. If you haven’t had this type of blonde brownie bar before, think of them as made-from-scratch caramel brownies filled with the decadent flavor of butterscotch and toasted nuts.
A Bite Of Nostalgia
Cookie Bars and Brownies
Other Butterscotch Goodies To Try
You may also like to try a brunch favorite Butterscotch Banana Muffins and Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies for your next cookie swap event. If brownies are your passion browse this mouthwatering collection of 21 Out-Of-This-World Brownie Recipes from my Parade Magazine kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1 cup walnut pieces roughly chopped and toasted
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 11 oz package butterscotch morsels divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz a 13 x 9 inch non stick pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- To toast the nuts: Spread the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes at 350°F then cool completely before adding to the batter.
- Sift together the all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt together the butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sugar has melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. Cool just until it's warm to the touch.
- Use a hand mixer to beat in the vanilla and the eggs one at a time. Gradually add the dry ingredients and continue to beat until moistened. The batter will be stiff.
- Mix-in half of the butterscotch chips and all of the toasted walnuts by hand.
- Spread the batter into the pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining butterscotch chips. Press gently into the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back with moist crumbs and the top is lightly golden.
- Cool to room temperature before attempting to cut into squares and remove from the pan. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.