Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle -This peanut butte brownie trifle features layers of peanut butter mousse, brownies, peanuts, chocolate ganache, peanut butter cups and whipped cream. Needless to say, it is such a fun dessert to make. I often refer to trifles as edible centerpieces. They look spectacular on the dessert table.
This trifle is for all of the chocolate and peanut butter fans. Layers of brownies, peanut butter mousse, peanut butter cups, peanuts and of course, chocolate ganache. It feeds a crowd but, works equally well when halved if you need a smaller portion. The full batch will require a large bowl or trifle bowl. It’s a terrific make ahead dessert, and there’s never a spoonful left over.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle
- 1  oz box chocolate brownie mix plus ingredients to prepare [i.e. Ghiradelli]
- 2  oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cup heavy cream divided
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2  oz frozen whipped topping thawed and divided
- 1 [16 oz] bag miniature peanut butter cups unwrapped and chopped
- 1 cup sea salt or salted cocktail peanuts chopped
- 1  oz package dark chocolate chips
- Prepare the brownies per the package directions. Bake and cool then cut into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Melt together 12 oz of dark chocolate chips with 1 cup heavy cream. Melt in a double boiler or in the microwave in 20 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth. Set aside to cool.
- To prepare the peanut butter mousse: In a large mixing bowl, whip together both softened cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, 1 1/2 cups heavy cream and vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until fully combined and smooth. The mixture will be thick.
- Add 8 ounces of thawed whipped topping Continue to whip for 3 minutes until fluffy and light. The filling will be divided into thirds to layer the trifle.
- To layer: Start with 1/3 of the peanut butter mousse in the bottom of the bowl.
- Arrange 1/2 of the cubed brownie pieces, sprinkle with 1/3 of the peanuts and 1/3 of the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Drizzle with 1/3 chocolate ganache
- Repeat, peanut butter mousse, remaining brownie cubes, 1/3 peanuts, 1/3 chopped peanut butter cups.
- Spread the final layer of mousse.
- Spread 8 oz whipped topping over the top.
- Arrange the remaining peanut butter cups, chopped peanuts over the whipped cream.
- Drizzle with ganache.
- Store chilled.