This Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle is a chocolate peanut butter lovers dream dessert. Layers of peanut butter mousse, fudgy brownies, salted peanuts, chocolate ganache, peanut butter cups and whipped cream are nothing short of heavenly. It’s a fun dessert to make and looks spectacular on the dessert table.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter
Don’t you love the TV commercials where chocolate and peanut butter collide in some random fashion? It always seems funny to me and always leads to the question of who thought of this divine combination. Whoever you are, we thank you collectively. Reese’s Cups are often on the top of most popular candy in America lists so, it’s no surprise a desert like this would appeal to many people.
Satisfy Your Sweets Craving
This Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle is for all of the chocolate and peanut butter fans with it’s layers of brownies, peanut butter mousse, peanut butter cups, peanuts and of course, chocolate ganache. It feeds a crowd but, works equally well when halved if you need a smaller portion. The full batch will require a 4 quart or larger salad or trifle bowl. It’s a terrific make ahead dessert, and there’s never a spoonful left over.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle
- 1 18 oz box chocolate brownie mix plus ingredients to prepare [i.e. Ghiradelli]
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cup heavy cream divided
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed and divided
- 1 16 oz bag miniature peanut butter cups unwrapped and chopped
- 1 cup sea salt or salted cocktail peanuts chopped
- 1 12 oz package dark chocolate chips
- Prepare the brownies per the package directions. Bake and cool then cut into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Melt together 12 oz of dark chocolate chips with 1 cup heavy cream. Melt in a double boiler or in the microwave in 20 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth. Set aside to cool.
- To prepare the peanut butter mousse: In a large mixing bowl, whip together both softened cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, 1 1/2 cups heavy cream and vanilla. Whip for 2-3 minutes until fully combined and smooth. The mixture will be thick.
- Add 8 ounces of thawed whipped topping Continue to whip for 3 minutes until fluffy and light. The filling will be divided into thirds to layer the trifle.
- To layer: Start with 1/3 of the peanut butter mousse in the bottom of the bowl.
- Arrange 1/2 of the cubed brownie pieces, sprinkle with 1/3 of the peanuts and 1/3 of the chopped peanut butter cups. Drizzle with 1/3 chocolate ganache
- Repeat, peanut butter mousse, remaining brownie cubes, 1/3 peanuts, 1/3 chopped peanut butter cups. Spread the final layer of mousse.
- Frost with remaining 8 oz whipped topping over the top. Arrange the remaining peanut butter cups, chopped peanuts over the whipped cream. Drizzle with ganache.
- Chill for 4 hours before serving. Store leftovers chilled.