These crispy Baked Chicken Taquitos are so simple to make, they’re certain to become a regular on your dinner menu. Top with your favorite taco fixings for casual meals, party food and game day snacking.
Easy Baked Chicken Taquitos Recipe
My boys are obsessed with all things Mexican. Due to my busy schedule, I am delighted that there’s more than one way for me to make and enjoy our favorite fiesta dishes. Whether it’s sheet pan chili lime chicken fajitas or grilled shredded beef chimichangas made with leftover pot roast, Mexican food is always a win for my family. Crockpot chicken tacos and easy cheesy taco sliders are terrific for casual meals and game days when they’re in the mood to graze. How to make Baked Chicken Taquitos in the oven: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Prepare Pan – Preheat oven to 375°F. Liberally spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Filling – In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together chicken, cheese, salsa, salt, lemon pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic and onion powders. Mix until fully combined.
- Heat Tortillas – Cover corn tortillas with a damp paper towel and heat for 10-15 seconds in the microwave to warm slightly before filling.
- Assemble – Divide filling between corn tortillas, about 2-3 Tbsp each. Roll jelly roll style. Place seam side down on pan.
- Spray Taquitos – Spray taquitos liberally with cooking spray.
- Bake – Bake per the recipe until lightly golden and heated through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
How to Make the BEST Baked Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Baked Chicken Taquitos: Yellow corn tortillas, shredded cooked chicken, chunky salsa, shredded colby jack. monterey jack or pepper jack cheese, salt, cumin, lemon pepper, dark chili powder, onion powder and granulated garlic.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Large baking sheet, sharp knife and chopping board, measuring cups and spoons, medium bowl, cheese grater and large silicone spatula or spoon for stirring everything together.
- To Make Chicken Taquitos in an Air Fryer: Assemble the taquitos per the recipe. Spray the basket of an air fryer with cooking spray then arrange the taquitos in the basket with space between to allow for air to circulate. Spray the taquitos with cooking spray or an oil mister then cook at 375°F for 8-10 minutes. Check halfway through and turn spraying any dry spots with cooking spray or oil. Cook in batches if needed, depending on the size of the air fryer being used.
- I find that it’s helpful to warm the corn tortillas for a few seconds in the microwave prior to stuffing and rolling. This helps prevent them from tearing. Simply wrap in damp paper towels and warm for a few seconds just before assembling.
- I use rotisserie chicken to make these, taquitos, but you can use any leftover roast chicken, grilled chicken or even poached chicken for the filling.
- I typically use an olive oil or canola cooking spray to coat the taquitos before baking. You can use an oil spritzer, or brush them with vegetable oil as well.
- You can use a mild, medium or hot salsa for the filling depending on your personal preference. A chunky salsa works best.
- Top these with your favorite taco fixings like shredded lettuce, queso fresco, guacamole, or salsa, if you’re so inclined.
- Store baked Chicken Taquitos chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings gently in the microwave, or in a 350°F air fryer for 2-3 minutes or on a sheet pan in a 375°F oven just until crisped.
Easy Side Dishes to Serve with Chicken Taquitos
- These creamy Easy Refried Beans are a classic side that comes together in no time flat.
- Fresh Pico de Gallo is good and good for you.
- This smoky Grilled Corn Salad can be served as a side dish, sprin kled on salads or tacos.
- Slow Cooker Queso Blanco and tortilla chips never last long on game day or any day that snacking is on the menu.
- Easy Cornbread Casserole is a sweet and tender cross between cornbread and corn pudding.
- If sweet and salty is your jam serve this Pineapple Mango Salsa on the side.
- Mexican Rice Recipe from Tastes Better from Scratch.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Baked Chicken Taquitos
- 2-3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby-jack or monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa (mild, medium or hot your preference)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dark chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 18 corn tortillas
- Assorted toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, tomato, queso fresco, lettuce, green onion etc
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Liberally spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together chicken, cheese, salsa, salt, lemon pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic and onion powders. Mix until fully combined.
- Cover corn tortillas with a damp paper towel and heat for 10-15 seconds in the microwave to warm slightly before filling.
- Divide filling between corn tortillas, about 2-3 Tbsp each. Roll jelly roll style. Place seam side down on pan.
- Spray taquitos liberally with cooking spray. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and heated through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.