These crispy Baked Chicken Taquitos are so simple to make, they’re certain to become a regular on your dinner menu. Top with your favorite taco fixins' for casual meals, party food and game day snacking.
Baked Chicken Taquitos
My boys are obsessed with all things Mexican. Due to my busy schedule, I am delighted that there's more than one way for me to make and enjoy our favorite fiesta dishes. Whether it's sheet pan chili lime chicken fajitas or grilled shredded beef chimichangas made with leftover pot roast, Mexican food is always a win for my family. Crockpot chicken tacos and easy cheesy taco sliders are terrific for casual meals and game days when they're in the mood to graze.
Helpful Tips for Making Baked Taquitos
- I find that it's helpful to warm the corn tortillas for a few seconds in the microwave prior to stuffing and rolling. This helps prevent them from tearing.
- I use rotisserie chicken to make these but, you can use any leftover chicken or even poached chicken for the filling.
- I typically use an olive oil or canola cooking spray to coat the taquitos before baking. You can use an oil spritzer, or brush with vegetable oil as well.
- Top these with your favorite taco fixins' like shredded lettuce, queso fresco, guacamole, or salsa, if you're so inclined.
Dishes to Serve with Chicken Taquitos
- Easy Refried Beans
- Pico de Gallo
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Slow Cooker Queso Blanco
- Mexican Rice Recipe from Tastes Better from Scratch.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Baked Chicken Taquitos
- 2-3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 ½ cups shredded colby-jack or monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup thick and chunky salsa (mild, medium or hot your preference)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dark chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 18 corn tortillas
- Assorted toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, tomato, queso fresco, lettuce, green onion etc
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Liberally spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together chicken, cheese, salsa, salt, lemon pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic and onion powders. Mix until fully combined.
- Cover corn tortillas with a damp paper towel and heat for 10-15 seconds in the microwave to warm slightly before filling.
- Divide filling between corn tortillas, about 2-3 Tbsp each. Roll jelly roll style. Place seam side down on pan.
- Spray taquitos liberally with cooking spray. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and heated through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.