This Easy Fruit Dip is ideal for all occasion sweet snacking. It's a creamy marshmallow fluff and Greek yhogurt infused dip that's flavored with vanilla then whipped until light and smooth. Pack it up along with a variety of assorted fresh fruit and take it to a picnic, or serve it as an hors d'oeuvres at a baby or bridal shower. It's a terrific addition to the menu for birthday and potluck parties, too. Regardless, it's sure to become a go-to recipe for a quick treat in a hurry.
Easy Fruit Dip Recipe
This delicious fruit dip recipe is the epitome of quick sweets to make in a hurry. While I love baking and making desserts completely from scratch, there are occasions when something really simple works. Fresh fruit seems to always be a welcome sight and desserts like my Punch Bowl Fruit Salad Trifle and Fruit Bowl Sundae are usually met with oohs and aahs. Here in North Carolina we're fortunate to be able to enjoy fresh fruit year-round, but I know this varies according to region. This dip recipe will complement any variety so use the best in season fruit and it will work great.
How to Make the Best Easy Fruit Dip Recipe
When making fruit dip, it's important to give it time to chill thoroughly prior to serving. Whip it up the day before and allow it to chill overnight and you'll be good to go.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Easy Fruit Dip: Cream cheese, marshmallow cream or fluff, fresh lime or orange zest, plain Greek yogurt.
- If you prefer, you can sweeten this fruit dip further using powdered sugar or honey, Should you choose to use honey don't be too heavy handed or it could overtake the mild and creamy flavor.
- If you're serving fresh fruit outdoors, it's a good idea to keep it chilled. To do so, consider filling a deep metal pan or basin with ice and arrange fruit on top in attractive containers.
- You can also prep pieces of watermelon in advance then arrange it rind side down in ice. It's not only attractive but practical, too.
- Consider packing a pretty variety of fruit in clear disposable cups for a handheld option and portion control.
- In addition to fruit you can also serve this dip with graham crackers, cubed pound cake and cookies.
- Suggested fruit for your fresh fruit tray: Fresh strawberries, cubes of cantaloupe, red or green grapes, pineapple chunks and apples or bananas. Please note, apples and bananas should be tossed with lemon juice to delay browning. If the fruit tray will sit out for some time, stick with fresh fruit that won't brown.
- Store this fruit dip chilled in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More Southern Style Fresh Fruit Desserts to Make
Fresh fruit is a simple way to throw dessert together in a hurry. It adds color and variety to the menu. More fruit centered recipes you may like to make:
- The colors in my Berry Trifle with White Chocolate Cream makes it perfect for Patriotic celebrations.
- Punch Bowl Fruit Salad Trifle is a spectacular use for that packed away punch bowl that you use once a year.
- No melting ice cream when you serve this Fruit Bowl Sundae.
- Frozen Berry Fruit Salad can be served as a side dish or a dessert.
- A fun dessert kids of all ages love are these Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries from The Food Charlatan.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Fruit Dip
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 8 oz vanilla yogurt
- 1 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1 tablespoon lime, orange or lemon zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruit, cubed cake and cookies for dipping
- In a medium-size mixing bowl whip together cream cheese, yogurt, marshmallow fluff, zest and vanilla until fully combined.
- Place into an airtight container and chill for 2 hours.
- Serve with assorted fruit, cubed cake and cookies, if desired.