This colorful Fruit Salad Trifle is a fabulous way to serve fresh fruit as a decadent dessert. Layered with a white chocolate cream cheese filling it transforms into an edible centerpiece. For this particular trifle I use a punch bowl to display the trifle which gives it height and a stunning presentation.
Easy Fruit Salad Trifle Recipe
You know the punch bowl that you dust off every 5 years for a party? Put it to use with this fresh fruit trifle recipe. In fact, I used my cake dome which when flipped upside down fits into the cake stand to make a punch bowl. Any large glass bowl will work, of course. Fruit is most abundant in warm summer months but, thankfully here in NC we’re able to get our hands on delicious fruit practically year-round. As each season changes the fruit in my fruit bowl may change a bit, as well. That’s the sheer beauty of desserts like this one they can be adapted using your favorite combination.
How to Make the Best Fruit Salad Trifle Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Fruit Salad Trifle: Fresh pineapple, honey dew melon, strawberries, red and green grapes, blueberries, sliced peaches, lemon juice and granulated sugar.
- For the trifle filling you’ll need: Plain cream cheese, instant cheesecake pudding mix, white chocolate baking chips, heavy cream, whipped cream (or Cool Whip) fresh mint for garnishing, cookies and cubed pound cake for serving.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A large punch bowl or trifle bowl, a large mixing bowl, a medium bowl, electric mixer, measuring cups and spoons, a large spoon and colander to drain the fruit after cleaning.
- Serving suggestion: On the platter around the base of the punch bowl I like to arrange cookies and sliced pound cake which makes the perfect base to drizzle with the macerated fruit and white chocolate cream filling.
- You can use any mixture of fruit that you love in this trifle. For example, you could swap out the blueberries for raspberries or blackberries.
- I use a punch bowl for assembling this salad, but any big salad bowl will work, of course. I just love having the glass tray underneath to arrange cookies and additional fruit around the base for a pretty presentation.
- You can serve this fruit salad without the cream on top but, who would want to? It’s meant to be a stunning dessert and the juice that macerates from the berries makes the perfect syrup for dousing a slice of homemade pound cake. It’s a fruit salad dream.
- I highly recommend assembling this the day you plan on serving it. Once assembled the macerated fruit will release juice. While this isn’t a bad thing, it will break down the cheesecake filling over time.
- This Fruit Salad Trifle is fitting for any gathering, but particularly pretty served at tea parties, bridal or baby showers. It’s sure to be the bell of the ball.
More Easy Fruit Desserts to Make
- My Fruit Pizza Recipe begins with a homemade cookie crust.
- This Frozen Berry Fruit Salad can be served as a side dish or a dessert.
- Peach Shortcake is a summer favorite.
- this vintage Grape Salad recipe is a potluck rock star.
- Tropical Cheesecake Dip is ready for dipping with graham crackers or vanilla wafers.
- No worries about melting ice cream when you make this Fruit Bowl Sundae.
- Tropical Fruit Salad from The Slow Roasted Italian.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Fruit Salad Trifle
- 1 fresh pineapple peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups white grapes
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes
- 4 peaches seeded and sliced
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 lemon juiced
- White chocolate cream filling:
- 1 12 oz package white chocolate chips
- 3 cups heavy cream divided
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 3.5 oz box instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 fresh sprig of mint
- 2 cups fresh sweetened whipped cream Optional
- Assorted cookies and slices of pound cake for serving
- In a large mixing bowl gently toss together the prepared fruit with 3 Tbsp granulated sugar and lemon juice.
- To prepare the white chocolate cream filling: In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the white chocolate chips and 1 cup of cream. Heat on 30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and pudding mix. Beat until fully combined. Gradually add the remaining 2 cups of cream whipping just until combined.
- Gradually add the melted white chocolate whipping on medium until thickened but still pourable. Cover and chill, if preparing in advance.
- To assemble, Spoon 1/3 of the fruit into a punch bowl, Top with 1/2 of the white chocolate cream. Repeat ending with fruit.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and whipped cream. Serve with assorted cookies and sliced pound cake.
- Store chilled.