This colorful Punch Bowl Fruit Salad Trifle is a fabulous way to serve fresh fruit as a decadent dessert. Layered with a white chocolate cream it’s one of those edible centerpieces I’m so crazy about. Completely obsessed, admittedly. For this particular trifle I use a punch bowl to display. which gives it height and a stunning presentation. In fact, I used my cake dome which when flipped upside down fits into the cake stand to make a punch bowl. Any large glass bowl will work, of course. On the platter below the punch bowl I like to arrange cookies and sliced pound cake which makes the perfect base to drizzle with the macerated fruit and white chocolate cream filling. It’s fitting for any gathering but, particularly pretty served at bridal or baby showers. It’s sure to be the bell of the ball.
Fruit is most abundant in warm summer months but, thankfully here in NC we’re able to get our hands on delicious fruit practically year-round. As each season changes the fruit in my fruit bowl may change a bit, as well. That’s the sheer beauty of desserts like this one they can be adapted using your favorite combination. You can serve this fruit salad without the cream on top but, who would want to? It’s meant to be a stunning dessert and the juice that macerates from the berries makes the perfect syrup for dousing a slice of homemade pound cake. It’s a fruit salad dream.
See it at The Weekend Potluck here
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1½ cups white grapes
- 1½ cups red grapes
- 4 peaches, seeded and sliced
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- White chocolate cream filling:
- 1 (12) oz package white chocolate chips
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 (8) oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3.5) oz box instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 fresh sprig of mint
- 2 cups fresh sweetened whipped cream (Optional)
- Assorted cookies and slices of pound cake for serving
- In a large mixing bowl gently toss together the prepared fruit with 3 Tbsp granulated sugar and lemon juice.
- To prepare the white chocolate cream filling: In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the white chocolate chips and 1 cup of cream. Heat on 30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and pudding mix. Beat until fully combined. Gradually add the remaining 2 cups of cream whipping just until combined.
- Gradually add the melted white chocolate whipping on medium until thickened but still pourable. Cover and chill, if preparing in advance.
- To assemble, Spoon ⅓ of the fruit into a punch bowl, Top with ½ of the white chocolate cream. Repeat ending with fruit.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and whipped cream. Serve with assorted cookies and sliced pound cake.
- Store chilled.